Do You Feel Sleepy When Hearing Mass?

@acelawrites (12557)
This morning, I went to hear the Sunday Mass in a nearby church as I see it as a Sunday duty to thank the Lord for all His blessings in the past week. The sermon/liturgy was nice as it was delivered in the context of the celebration of Mother's Day and the priest said a mother could also be the motherland. He said Filipinos should vote wisely tomorrow for the sake of motherland. His sermon was interesting but he got a low, soft voice that I got so sleepy all throughout the sermon. I wished he delivered it in a more lively tone. Do you get sleepy in such a situation?
Sorry... No I don't like to be myself sleepy in church.. I don't get sleepy in any situation in church.
@acelawrites (12557)
So nice of you, but we are just humans who can not control some physical weakness given that situation.
@acelawrites it is right
Yes
@acelawrites (12557)
Same here, but I try not to tall asleep as it would be shameful.
I think it depends indeed in the way and the volume of voice , the priests delivers his homily . And also how interesting the homily is .
@acelawrites (12557)
It is interesting, so I thought he should deliver it in a higher volume so people can understand it better instead of getting sleepy. I looked around me and saw the apparently "sleepy" faces.
@acelawrites He has a boring voice then .
@acelawrites (12557)
@SIMPLYD yes, he has. I wish he should deliver in a more lively manner to convey the message effectively.
Yes, I do. It is hard to stay awake through a sermon if the speaker doesn't have a very expressive voice.
@acelawrites (12557)
Thanks, @JudyEv for your response. Yes, it is a great advantage if a speaker has that lively voice to keep the audience "alive!"
@acelawrites Vince often goes to sleep during a sermon. He doesn't sag at all, just sits up straight, closes his eyes and he's gone!
@ridingbet (60860)
i just close my eyes while listening to the homily, because if i open my eyes, i get distracted with whoever passes by to take seats, or i would critique whoever wears dresses that are inappropriate for church, or worse, look sarcastically to those who use their mobile phones while in church, but generally, i listen to the homily.
@acelawrites (12557)
Sometimes I do it also just like you, to focus on the homily. I wish people can be courteous enough to act accordingly while inside the church so as not to distract those who wanted to pray solemnly.