I Miss Mom Today

I have many memories of my mom. Some good, some not so good but overall they were of the love she had for her kids. I remember that throughout my life she was sick a lot and there were many times we could have lost her. She outlived Dr.s who told her she was going to die, 2 of my siblings and others she cared about but her goal was always to be there for us. I'm interested in hearing a memory form everyone about their mom (living or passed). What are your favorite memories? After I get some input I'll write about some of my memories both humorous and serious.
I was distracted by the photo, is that you with hair?
@Jessicalynnt A very full head of hair back then way before I met him.
@Jessicalynnt That was before my ex wife pulled it out!! LOL. Yes that is my full head of hair. Sadly it was already receding you just can't see the balding in the back and the 'comb over' in the front was fairly effective...
@Berniezeitler going to say, comb overs are rarely effective, LOL
I am sorry for the loss of your Mother dear friend. I am at this time caring for my own Mom who has been diagnosed with a very bad cancer. So today is very special.. I am also having to battle a very wicked mean sister while caring for my Mom.. This makes it doubly hard. I can handle it though.
@vandana7 (68972)
Hugs...that is all that I can say. But I do pray for you and your mom.
@vandana7 Thank you dear Vandy so much for your care and prayers.
Those are good memories that you have.
I had a wonderful mother too. We didn't have much materially when I was little, but we never felt deprived.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We didn't have much material wise growing up and mama wasn't a lovey dovey mother. She had to do it all herself, she was very strict, but she was always there.
@vandana7 (68972)
@RubyHawk ..Yeah..being there matters a lot. @jaboUK ...somehow material things matter much later, right?
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@vandana7 I agree having a mother in the home is more important to children than material things.
I miss my mom too, and like yours mine was sick a lot too. When I was hospitalized in 1955 at age 5, parents could not stay with their children whenever they wanted. They could visit only during visiting hours. My mom rented a room near the hospital in Chicago, IL since our home was 83 miles from the hospital. She wanted to be near me for the month I had to stay there even though she had a new baby and my brother who had to stay with grandparents so that my dad could teach. My mother was a mom to all the kids in that children's ward since so many parents had to work and could not see their children. She read to all of us, created craft projects for us, and read to all of us too. She had to sit outside the room when they gave me blood transfusions and listen to me cry since parents were not to be present during this procedure. She had to leave me at night and I would cry, but she left her shawl with me to comfort me. Amazing Mom!
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Mothers try to do the impossible,and they often do.
I miss my mom also. She passed about 12 years ago from Alzheimer's, a truely hateful disease. One of my not good memories toward the end of her life - I was helping my father change the sheets on their bed in the assisted living place where they lived for awhile. My mother wouldn't let the aids help and made it very hard for my father, so I would go out and help him change the sheets. One time my mother tried to chase me out of the room, accusing me of trying to steal her husband (my father). Not a good time.
@alberello75 (19920)
• Genova, Italy
I'm lucky to have the mother still alive. The best moments, I'm still living there with her. I hope that they will last...
I remember how mom would pack up goodies for a breakfast that she would make for us in the desert. She'd take a frypan, eggs, bacon, firewood, plates, utensils and we'd have breakfast in a desert camp she'd fix up for us. She'd have hot tea for us in a thermos. Funny what kids love to do and how mom's cater to them.
@sabashekh (1231)
• Bhopal, India
My best moments are when every morning my mom hugs me and wakes me up ... It's the best gift :*
@DaddyEvil (26184)
• Aurora, Missouri
I miss my mom every day, Bernie! She and I were always close. Out of 16 children, it was always easy to tell that I was her favorite. After she had a stroke and was in the nursing home waiting to die she told several of my family that I was her favorite. It made them mad, but what can you do? She was 81 years old, was no longer fully in the here-and-now and wanted them not to squabble over her things when she was gone. I didn't ask for anything from my parents estate. I let them squabble over it to their heart's content. I didn't want/need anything other than my mom back and I can't have that. I can't do anymore of this, Bernie. I'm sorry.
@DaddyEvil (26184)
• Aurora, Missouri
@RubyHawk I can see both of your comments, Ruby. Don't worry, I am sure both will show on your pc sooner rather than later. Yes, mom was another person who never met strangers. She liked everyone she met. I am very sorry for your loss. If you ever need something, let me know. If I can do it, you will have it. (I do research for others here on myLot when they ask. Sometimes I do it when they don't ask me. I love to research things.)
I have nothing but good memories from my Mom and I miss her so much as she passed away 12 years ago.
@cpefley (1699)
• Hemet, California
My mom is still in good health, and I wish I had more positive memories with her. She took me and and my daughters to San Diego a couple years ago, and that was fun. However, it is my grandmother, who basically raised me, that I miss. She was the most selfless mom. I miss going shopping with her when I had had a bad day lol.
What a lovely family photograph.