Helping in cooking

@ajithlal (14569)
Sometimes some people would stay in their relatives houses for couple of days and some of them them would help in cooking while some does not. Sometimes I see some relatives coming and staying in the house and the people in the house has to cook food and do the all household chores while the guests does not do anything. I do think that the guests should at least help in kitchen when they stays in other's house. What is your opinion? Do you help in kitchen when you visit and stays in other's house?
@zarlamain (24866)
I always make sure to help and cook. It's polite manners to do so.
@ajithlal (14569)
You right and it is polite to help out with small things in kitchen.
@zarlamain (24866)
@ajithlal Yes, I feel uncomfortable sitting at their house while they cook for me. I'd rather help out and break the awkward mood.
I try to but i don't know how to cook. But normally the houses I visit have their own cooks and house help. We just have to wait and sit at the table.
@ajithlal (14569)
If there are some people to help then there is no problems.
@ajithlal Yep you are right. My guests don't have to do anything when they stay in my house as well.
• Merced, California
Im hazardous in the kitchen so most people tell me to go away lol.
I think it depends on. If they are my in-laws, of course I don't mind they stay here and do nothing at all. But if they are friends, of course I will expect them to do something because they are not the elders and it is fair for them to help to do some housework.
@rina110383 (24065)
I don't stay in other's house. I visit, yes. If the person whom I visited cooks for me ( I can't cook), I'll volunteer and insist in washing the dishes.
I want nobody in my kitchen, a guest is a guest, if I receive someone I cook for my guest.
@Dishari (698)
Not sure if they 'should', but it surely would be great. The ones responsible for managing the household is burdened with loads of extra work when guests arrive. So it would be of great help if the guests can lend a hand.