No one can break your heart like your own child...

@cpefley (1699)
Hemet, California
Today, one of my children failed to not only not visit me, but didn't say Happy Mother's Day or reply to my texts. This evening he sent me a text asking for one of my passwords, and I lost it. He is 13, and wants to live with his dad. He's failing EVERY class, and now he's breaking my heart. He has no idea how much his behavior is hurting my feelings, and I wish he would come back home. His dad took him to Knott's Berry Farm yesterday, and he wouldn't even spend the night at my apartment tonight. I'm about to tell his 18 year old brother, whom he looks up to, and maybe he'll talk some sense into him. We used to be so close...
My son is twelve and didn't greet me till I told him it's mother's day. He used to be very sweet but not anymore. He wants his independence now and doesn't want to be bothered by me.
@cpefley (1699)
• Hemet, California
It's painful, isn't it? :(
@cpefley Yes and he knows that coz i tell him how much i miss my baby.
@zarlamain (24866)
You are going through so much and they don't even understand it. I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. Your children don't understand how much you love and care about them. They should learn to appreciate you and stop being so rebellious.
@cpefley (1699)
• Hemet, California
My oldest son was nice to me. I'm glad he's through that stage. He's 18, so we get along much better. My 15 year old daughter was rude, then decent, then rude again. Teenagers can be so rough on the heart.
@zarlamain (24866)
@cpefley I know what you mean. Teenagers are unpredictable. I've been there myself and while I was rebellious, it only lasted one year before I matured up.
@alberello75 (19936)
• Genova, Italy
I understand, it's hard when there is no relationship between children and parents! Instead yesterday, I for Mother's Day, made wishes and offered to her a glass of barley water. My father brought to the table a heart-shaped cake.
@cpefley (1699)
• Hemet, California
How nice of both of you :)
@slayer08 (2361)
maybe something happened in the past where you might have hurt his feelings or something?
@cpefley (1699)
• Hemet, California
Nope.
@Chellezhere (1393)
That is definitely a hard thing to go through. My son was all in favor of his father from the moment that we split up (when out son was nine) until he had an epiphany at the age of eighteen, burst into tears and apologized for all of the things that he had put me through over the years. I accepted immediately without condition, of course, but during all of those years before, my son repeatedly broke my heart. He is going to be twenty-one in a few months, and now lives in a place of his own, but he is also taking care of me, and rarely speaking to his father at all.