Niagara Falls

I spent most of Mother's Day hanging out in Niagara Falls without my children! Hubby and I drove up Saturday night and stayed the night there. It's about 2 and half hours from where we live, and I'd never been there before in my life. The trip was for our wedding anniversary, which was Saturday. The falls were beautiful! We made sure to see them from every possible angle.. we rode the Maid of the Mist, we went down on this gorge trail to see them from the very bottom, and we also stood at the very top of them looking down. That was my favorite view! Then I came home to some lovely Mother's Day gifts including a necklace with my children's birthstones on it, and a card from my oldest child which brought tears to my eyes! Hope you all had a great weekend!
@PainsOnSlate (20855)
Happy anniversary and So glad you got to see the falls and do the fun things there.
It was a great weekend! We'd like to go back with the kids sometime soon!
I had a lovely weekend! And your post reminded me of the time I was at the IguazĂș Falls betweeen Argentina and Brasil. I will write a post about them, above all to place a photo.
@Marcyaz (35589)
That was a lovely way to celebrate both your anniversary and mother's day then to come home and find some gifts must have brought you lots of joy to know how much you are loved.
@dodo19 (34306)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I've been there once. I went with my mom and my sister. We were on the Canadian side. It was definitely beautiful. It sounds like you had a good time.
I'm sure the view is nice from the Canadian side. We could not go over there.
@dodo19 (34306)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@katsmeow1213 it was beautiful. But I'm sure it's beautiful either way.
@OneOfMany (12392)
It's about that far from where I live too. I'm in the northern part of PA. They are talking about turning the falls off so they can repair the bridge out to goat island.
They're doing a lot of renovations right now, and they're already working on repairing that bridge. The path to Terrapin point was closed down due to renovations.
@OneOfMany (12392)
@katsmeow1213 I bet. I remember them saying the bridge was being worked on since last year and has been closed to people. It's good to avoid lawsuits.
i'm so delighted that'cha went'n'd a most brilliant time :D i'm sure those wonderful 'n thoughtful gifts did tug't'cher heart strings. i went'n spent a few hours with momma'n the aunt mothers day, took 'em their gifts.
That's nice. Our moms are gone now, so I'm the only one we celebrate for.
So glad that you and your husband had some quality time together away from the children. Did you go on the Canadian side of the falls?
No, just the American falls.. we don't have passports or enhanced licenses to get into Canada.
As, that sounds perfect.
It is great thing that you had a wonderful time. I hope you can share some of pictures of the falls.