getting rid of OLD topics

@sugartoes (22616)
Greencastle, Indiana
Do you ever think about going through your topics to get rid of the ones that you been paid for already? I think it's a good idea to do that, so you have fresh ones up for others to read & reply on, or get rid of the ones that's not getting that much action with. I just went through all mine & got rid of a few of them so I have left some up that you might find interesting. Mylot is a very great place to find a lot of interesting reading & make some AWESOME friends on too & there's not another site that can come close to them. If you can't find something your interested in reading just find what other people are reading by hitting their name & hit one of the labels you see, there's plenty. Discussions - Responses - Comments - Mentions then if your looking for followers you can find them the same way, I find those that are active on here those that have JUST got on here I don't follow cause I want to see how active they will be sorry.
I do not want to delete my discussions, they are a sort of diary and I like to go through old comments.
@thesids (22554)
• Bhubaneswar, India
I do that too many a times, when I am feeling low.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@thesids does it make you feel any better after your done?
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LadyDuck that's your right you can keep them if you want I was just letting people know they COULD delete them if they want to cause not everyone want's to keep old topics that's not going any where after a few mos it's no big deal.
To delete an old article is to delete a chance of getting a future response from someone searching your backlog. You can't predict what a person will respond to.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@JohnRoberts anything I delete is at my own free will I don't delete everything I don't predict the future either but we all have our own way of doing things too. what I delete is OLD news that has LONG since past that isn't going anywhere.
@sugartoes Dumping dated news stories I understand.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@JohnRoberts that's all I'm talking about, things that's no longer interested in
@thesids (22554)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hello Wait. Let me first ask - are you talking of discussions that you started or the responses you made. And also, are we talking of notifications or the actual discussions that you started. I do not delete anything except for the notifications. The goodness here on this site is that none of the discussions is ever marked as old and closed for responses (which is unlike many forums out there). As such, say you had a discussion dated somewhere in 2010 or earlier. And someone makes a response today on it, and you interact. You still will earn from it. So just be careful before you delete any discussion.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@thesids I'm talking about the discussions I'VE WROTE which I call topics, what I delete I make sure it's not getting NO MORE action & have had in 3 mos. so I watch what I'm doing. but I do understand what your asking & SAYING
I don´t know for which of my topics I have been paid. And I wouldn´t know how to delete them.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marguicha I can help you with that it's simple, hit the tab that says PAYMENTS where you see your bank at you'll see your last pymt on there mine was April 1st then you hit (my- YOUR discussions) & delete those you don't want by opening each one & at the very BOTTOM of your topic (not the replies) you see edit - delete you hit delete just that simple I deleted ones that was from Jan to march 28th.
I think I don't need to delete my old topics in this site. I considered it as my collections.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Shavkat that's your right if you don't want to that's fine but I don't keep old news & things that don't go anywhere I hate clutter that's one of my pet peeves I can't handle.
@VivaLaDani13 (13758)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes Sometimes I delete discussions of mind but only because it may be related to something that I never want to see again. But first I make sure that everyone has been replied to as I don't want them to not being acknowledged. Other than that, I try to leave my discussions up because sometimes people do look back at an earlier discussion of mine to answer it.
@Daljinder (18075)
@VivaLaDani13 I am grateful of that which also reminds me that in one of your discussions you talked about "Any key" but I never found that post of yours. I wanted to read that. I know I have answered every single one of them so I didn't miss it. Did you delete it too?
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder I must have. I almost told..... "her" about this site and thought I should get rid of that one in case she read it.
@Daljinder (18075)
@VivaLaDani13 OH so that was about "her". Sorry I forgot. I have been curious about this whole "any key" thing for like ages.
@Daljinder (18075)
I have deleted mine. Those were very early ones I made when I was very new. They barely had any comments anyways. It's your topics anyways so it is your decision what you do with it.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Daljinder that's what I'm saying, I mean good lord the replies I'm getting sounds like I broke a rule on here or something.
@Daljinder (18075)
@sugartoes I had read those. I can see where they are coming from too.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Daljinder so is that good or bad to me it's about even Steven ha ha ha
@scheng1 (22901)
Not necessary to do that. It is a waste of time, and most people do not want to respond to old topics. Once in a while, the old discussion threads will get a response. I have discussion threads from 2009.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@scheng1 it's not if you keep up with it, I do mine like every 3-4 mos after I've been paid for them but it's your topics if you want to keep them that's you I'm not saying everyone has to do it I just asked a question if they did or not that's all.
@Teep11 (5995)
That's a great idea. Cleaning those notifications and past posts is something I will have to do as well.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Teep11 it don't take long if you open a few windows to mylot in your discussion page & just go down the line of what you want to get rid of it keeps things fresh & interesting & new replies.
I don't see the point in deleting old posts - it's not as if they crowd out the new ones.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@jaboUK in a way they do cause people aren't that interested in OLD news & going down a LONG list of topics to read
@sugartoes But the newer topics are always on top, so they don't need to even go near the old ones.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@jaboUK your RIGHT that's why I get rid of them
@zarlamain (22665)
I don't want to delete discussions because they are filled with interesting comments, replies, and memories.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@zarlamain that's fine you don't have to I do every now & then to keep things fresh
@zarlamain (22665)
@sugartoes Good for you!
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@PainsOnSlate (16265)
I never follow anyone until I can see if they are going to be active or not. In this last week I've been followed by several who have no discussions...what?... I do go back and read my own to make sure I am happy with them. I did remove one because I thought it was too personal.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@PainsOnSlate that's me when I see someone that follows me I check their activity & if they don't have any I don't follow & I leave them a message on WHY I don't follow them
@sugartoes good idea, I just ignore them but telling them why is a good idea.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@PainsOnSlate well at lest they KNOW what WAS there isn't no more right?
@slund2041 (3562)
You should have left all of your post, so as I have extra time I could go back and read yours. I know there is no way I have read all your post.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@slund2041 ha ha ha you have most of them, but I have added some new ones up that I think you will enjoy just as good as the ones I deleted you didn't miss nothing serious.
@slund2041 (3562)
@sugartoes I certainly hope I have not missed anything.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@slund2041 no your good to go dear
@YesWay (381)
No I don't think I'll want to delete them. My posts will all kind of tell my story and my journey.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@YesWay I did cause I like new & fresh things for people to read about
• Preston, England
sometimes the old topics come back to life - it is best to leave them be
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@arthurchappell some but not ALL & those are the ones I'm deleting out I'll write more so it's no big loss to make up for what I delete
@EddieHands (26774)
I think I will leave my past topics, as well as things I post online. It's like an interesting timeline to be able to see into the past.. how I thought.. what I was thinking at the time etc. And how I think and feel different now. Blessings !
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@EddieHands there's nothing wrong with that you can do what you want I do mine cause I don't want a lot of old topics on mine sitting around doing nothing but taking up space
@euphie (581)
• Ballymena, Northern Ireland
I don't delete anything from MyLot - I did delete some stuff from Bubblews after they messed people around and I'd been paid for it though.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@euphie see the reason for deleting some of your topics is so you get better hits on other topics & people don'rt have such a LONG list to look at I keep around 50-60 topics & if they don't get more than 10 or more replies after 3-4 mos it's old news. Not only that but how many people want to reply on a xmas post or a saint Patricks post better known as OLD news post or something that happen 2 yrs ago you see?
I have not written many discussions, but if I had over 100 some day, I would delete the old ones.
@sugartoes (22616)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Corbin5 that's what I'm talking about like the holiday ones or when I'm going to be out or about the weather them are the ones I'm talking about