I saw a very interesting Plant; do you know what the name is?

@Wowtalk (443)
Jamaica
Have you ever seen this plant I am very curious of what the name may be. I have no clue what it is, It does have a look of the castor oil plant. I know the castor oil plant and that definitely not it.
@owlwings (39604)
• Cambridge, England
I believe that it is Datura stramonium otherwise known as 'Jimson weed' or 'Thornapple'. It is highly poisonous and, in England, it is illegal to allow it to grow (except in special circumstances, such as in a botanical garden).
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search This article is about the hallucinogenic "loco weed". For the plant toxic to livestock, see Locoweed. Jimson weed Toloache Scientific classification Kingdom: Plantae (unranked): Angiosperms
@Wowtalk (443)
• Jamaica
It is has grown a big tree not far from my house, there is another plant I am curious before get rid it i'll take a photo. Thanks
@owlwings (39604)
• Cambridge, England
@Wowtalk If it is datura, they do grow pretty big in one season. Do take care and wear protective clothing when cutting it down and burn the plant, if you can, otherwise the seeds will ripen and set and you'll have a veritable forest next year!
@topffer (35532)
• France
I did not read your post before responding. It is certainly a member of the Datura family, but not Datura stramonium, which is at the best 3 feet high.
@topffer (35532)
• France
It is from the Datura family of plants. All plants in this family are very toxic, and they can kill if they are eaten.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search For other uses, see Datura (disambiguation). For other plants with the name "Angel's trumpet", see Angel's trumpet. Datura Datura metel Scientific classification Kingdom: Plantae (unranked):
@Wowtalk (443)
• Jamaica
Unfortunately there is no flowers on this plant, I'll see if over the summer there will be any. I was doing some research on it base on the info you guys gave me, I saw this name ,Xanthium strumarium,It really look pretty close.
@topffer (35532)
• France
@Wowtalk Another bad weed, and this one is invasive here. It is easy to control by opening one of the fruits : if it is a Xanthium, you will find only two seeds ; if it is a Datura, you will find a lot of seeds.
@Wowtalk (443)
• Jamaica
@topffer Good to know thanks.
You can ask the old folks in your country. I am sure they are familiar with this kind of plant.
@Wowtalk (443)
• Jamaica
If I come across any old folks I will.Thanks
@Wowtalk No problem. Old folks can share things up with younger generation like us.
@bunnybon7 (37156)
• Holiday, Florida
I have no idea. hope you get an answer
@Wowtalk (443)
• Jamaica
I think it is called the Xanthium stramonium.
Sorry, I have no clue as to the name of that "strange" plant.