80s Day

My own photo
@jahunt (1416)
Today is 80s day at work, so I got my 80s look going on. I am scrunched to the max and blue eye-shadowed to the moon and back... The reason for all of this madness is, this is spirit week at my company this week in honor of the company's 30th anniversary. Each day is a different theme and then on Friday, we have a company picnic to celebrate on the grounds. I usually don't get into all the hoopla, but...80s was easy for me to do, since I am an 80s girl, I graduated in '84. It was a lot of fun, but honestly, I am ready to get out of this get-up about right now. Lol.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Hi Janet. I love it, you look so cool
@jahunt (1416)
Aww, thank you! This was a lot of fun!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@jahunt It sounds like a fair and good company too Janet.
@jahunt (1416)
@TiarasOceanView It is. I think I am very lucky to work here!
Did you channel your inner Molly Ringwald?
@jahunt (1416)
HAHA!! Yes, most definitely!
@zarlamain (23947)
That is so cool! I would love to have one those fun dress up days at my workplace. All we have are annual company anniversaries and promotional parties for superiors. Just formal, boring company events.
@jahunt (1416)
It was a lot of fun. Our supervisors even dressed up like the Blues Brothers AND actually danced and sang! Lol!
@zarlamain (23947)
@jahunt That is so funny! I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face if our supervisors did that. They are usually very intimidating at the company.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
One time where I worked they had a theme day (Hawaiian day) that they made a big deal out of it. I normally didn't get involved with these things but they made a really big deal out of this one. They wanted everyone to wear at least a Hawaiian shirt/blouse. I didn't have one so I went to a second hand store and bought one. When I went to work on Hawaiian day there was only about 10 people out of over 100 employees wearing Hawaiian shirts. And I was the only one in my department wearing one. I was sure glad I didn't go buy a brand new shirt. The shirt I did buy only cost about 50 cents.
@jahunt (1416)
LOL! Well, you only spent 50 cents and now you have a Hawaiian shirt, so it's all good!
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@jahunt It's all good except I think I threw the Hawaiian shirt away. If I'm remembering right it seems like it ripped or something like that. I just know I didn't have it very long.
@ricki_911 (17194)
• Toronto, Ontario
I would love to work there! I love when a company is up for exciting events for the staff.
@jahunt (1416)
You would love it here then. We always have some kind of activities going on!
@ricki_911 (17194)
• Toronto, Ontario
@jahunt My work has never done anything like that before. We only do buffet potluck type lunches.
@RussTeed (1514)
I don't think you look anywhere near 80 years old - fail!
@jahunt (1416)
Haha! I wish I had thought of it! That would have been great.
@valmnz (13199)
• New Zealand
Sounds like a lot of fun. I was a young Mum in the 80s and my memories of that decade are dim!
@jahunt (1416)
It was a blast! I was a teenager/young adult in the 80s. I have many fond memories!
You certainly entered into the spirit of things - great photo.
@jahunt (1416)
Thank you. It was great fun!
You look so cute and definitely 80s to the max!!! Big smile you gave to me with that photo!!! Thank you!
@jahunt (1416)
Aww, thank you. That makes me feel good. Enjoy the rest of your Monday!
@Rollo1 (16725)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I loved the neon in the 80s, which always looked good in the summer when I had a tan. Ah, those days of big hair and big dreams - where did they go?
@jahunt (1416)
I know. Innocence of a time long ago. Sigh...Good times!
That is nice that your company is doing that. I hope you enjoy the week.