Why is Canada so nice?

@ricki_911 (19462)
Toronto, Ontario
So Canada is known for its niceness. My friend came here from Kansas and made this comment a few times. Now I am wondering how people act in the US, if he finds people in Toronto nice . We sent help to Australia, Chile, China, US, Mexico just to name a few when they were having state of emergencies or at war. So now that literally the province of Alberta is going up in flames, it is moving into BC, and Ontario as well with the forest fires. Tell me who stepped up to the plate to help us? Mexico sent some firefightes. Pat on the back Mexico thank you!. So instead of us Canadians are helping each other how pathetic. We just took in thousands of Syrian rescues and spent billions on helping their country. Yet, they give us nothing! Not even items for those families who lost everything. Russia just offered a plane to use to hose it down, yet Trudeau just declined it apparently by the news says.
The USA did not offer to help?
@ricki_911 (19462)
• Toronto, Ontario
Nope, nothing! Which is a slap in the face considering how often we send help.
@sugartoes (40759)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ricki_911 I just shared this with ALL my buddies on face book & I also tweeted it as well too
Trudeau says Canada appreciates the international support, but it isn’t necessary because water bombers from other provinces are getting a handle on the situation.
@sugartoes (40759)
• Greencastle, Indiana
that's terrible we should help one another in ever aspect of the matter but I'm more than confident the US will come to your aid as soon as we can with what ever you all need we're not that cruel we have came to other needs as this we'll step up when we are called on I have NO DOUBT. but in the mean time are you alright are you safe you let us know what we can do we'll help.
Mexico, U.S. and Russia offered help but were refused.
@ricki_911 (19462)
• Toronto, Ontario
@Corbin5 I didn't hear anything about the US offering help. I know the mexicans did arrive my friend is a firefighter in BC, and working in Alberta right now. It will take months of rain to put this fire out, yet apparently according to Trudeau it is not a state of emergency as he sits in the US on a vacation.
Has Mr. Trudeau visited the sites where destruction has taken place?
I am at a loss for words. Sad that the US hasn't sent help.
They tried but were refused.
@sugartoes (40759)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Corbin5 o.k what on earth is all this why turn down the help ? that don't makes no sense what about clothes & food & donations? water & such stuff
@jahunt (1391)
It is just awful what Canada is going through with these fires. I hope they get the help needed!
• Merced, California
U.S. won't help?
@DWDavis (10771)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@davidalicea100 US offered help. Trudeau turned it down.
• Merced, California
@DWDavis Ok i did not know thanks man.
@ricki_911 (19462)
• Toronto, Ontario
US must of just offered help because on the lunch news didn't saw US. Trudeau is an idiot only got the position because of his dad. Apparently he's sitting in the US with his feetup right now
@patgalca (14414)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Canadians are nice. If you wear a backpack with a Canadian flag on it while over in Europe you will get treated better. I watch Big Brother and the American contestants have been watching and even participating in the Canadian version and even they are stunned at house nice we are. As for Trudeau, he's got a swelled head. He thinks he can handle it all without any help. He hasn't help me much.
@kevin1877uk (36976)
I'm sorry to hear about it all.
@crossbones27 (19602)
• Redlands, California
THE US is going the wrong way on this. Like the old saying goes. No one ever went broke by helping one an other out. In fact, when done right that is when most profit with money, learning life lessons and something about themselves. Not to mention all the people they helped to keep them on the right track so they can thrive and when they thrive the people around them thrive, but we would rather worry about our enemies than helping out our own and in this case family to the North. .
@gudheart (12752)
Oh no hope it gets under control. I always wanted to go to Canada.
Thanks Ricki for sharing the write up. I have no idea about official relations of Canada with other nations. But neighbouring nations should have helped.
@DWDavis (10771)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Trudeau not only turned down the Russian plane but also turned down offers of help from the US according to the report I just saw. I pray for the people in Alberta who have been and will be affected by the fire.
• Austin, Texas
I have never been to Canada. But you are right. From what I've heard. People say Canadians are very nice; and Canada is very clean but the weather is brutally cold. Now that you mention it, when America has a disaster, can't recall news reports saying other countries are sending or bringing help our way. I'm guessing the rest of the world figures we know how to handle our own distress. Strange. You know what? I never thought even about thought about it!
@gofsey (1284)
• Madurai, India
Troubles are times when we can count on our friends. Too bad the fire is raging on like this.
@Butchcass4 (6031)
It is a terrible loss for Canada. I am so sorry for the fire. Please keep us posted. I pray that the Lord will help the fire fighters get it under control, in Jesus name Amen.
@cacay1 (32941)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
My relatives and friends who migrated told me about the beauty of Canada. I am going to apply for a visa for Canada.