Cut Me Off? I'll Get You!

@theBlock (2757)
Okay, I was driving on the freeway and I had unintentionally cut in front of this old man. I'm normally a cautious driver and I'd felt really bad. The old dude was furious. He sped up to see who was the stupid person who cut him off: Me. I had expected him to give me the Finger or something. What he did was raise his fist and mouthed, "I'll Get you!" That scared the bazeebas outta me. I can take "the Finger," but a raised fist and a "I'll get you" are a little too serious for me. I took off, leaving him in my rearview mirror. Who in the heck raises their fist?
People can be normally quite mild mannered, but put them behind the wheel of a car and it's a different matter.
@theBlock (2757)
@jaboUK You got that right---I've seen road rage from senior ladies, too.
The finger is one thing, but the fist means this old guy was ready to rumble.
@theBlock (2757)
@Corbin5 Lol! I know. Rumbling with an old guy is a lose-lose situation, especially if you get your butt kicked.
That was funny I would not even bother looking at them. here you could get more then a fist.
@theBlock (2757)
@sharon6345 I can't take "the fist " too scary.
• Lenox, Georgia
Someone was really mad at you! Hopefully he won't beat you too hard when he finds you.
@theBlock (2757)
@LovingMyBabies Oh, he won't catch me. I think he was around 90 years-old.
@lilnana1111 (2337)
OMG, that doesn't sound good, it's good you got out of there, too many crazies out there.
@theBlock (2757)
@lilnana1111 I know crazy people get brave while in their cars.
@sulynsi (2836)
Anybody who can get that angry at a perceived slight is a danger not only to you, but to him/herself. I don't know how many times I remonstrate with hubby about his ranting after what he sees as a deliberate attempt by some other passing motorist to ruin his day. I doubt if they even realized they did anything! Are you REALLY that important, that some random stranger is singling you out for special attention? Get REAL! A bug on their windshield will be more of an event!