Iced Vanilla Latte and Exhaustion

How do you like your coffee? Personally, I'm an espresso/latte drinker or as my husband calls it, "Fancy Coffee." Due to my husband's generous gift last year of a pretty high-end espresso machine, I can now have guilt-free vanilla lattes every single day. In the mornings, I always want a hot vanilla latte. Occasionally, I'll have one in the afternoon as well for a little pick-me-up. This time of year, it starts getting a little too warm to have hot coffee in the afternoon. Thanks to my excellent machine, I can make myself a coffee-shop quality iced latte for that necessary afternoon jolt. And today, I desperately need a jolt. My allergies are kicking my you-know-what. And I think that actually, the allergies have turned into a cold. My throat hurts and my head is in a fog. So I'm having my latte with the high hopes that it might give me enough energy to get off this couch.
I love cappuccino, I have my own machine as well.
now that i'm trying to catch up, i'm feeling guilty! sorry! :-( I've had many machines over the years. this is my best one. i love it forever, ever, ever.... i need to start a fund to replace it if it ever goes kaput
@jillybean1222 I know the feeling, it would need to be replaces ASAP!!
@BelleStarr yes. we are HOPING to move to a cash envelope system for budgeting... and i would DEFINITEly create an "espresso machine" envelope.... :-)
@1creekgirl (13051)
Jill, I hope you're in a comfy bed right now and will feel much better tomorrow!
i did leave the couch for a bit, but now i'm back at it... :-)
@1creekgirl (13051)
@jillybean1222 Take care of yourself, dear friend. I envy you your espresso machine
@cherriefic (4813)
I am also a latte drinker but I prepare to have hot coffee even when its warm around here.
My morning coffee has to be warm, but the afternoon is a toss up
@jillybean1222 I like iced latte though when I'm out. It's refreshing and can give me the boost I need.
Normally I just like a cup of hot black coffee and nothing too fancy. However, yesterday I was out with my daughter and she treated me to a nice caramel, frozen coffee with a whipped cream topping.....I have to say I'd like to go back today for another one
that sounds pretty yummy. when it gets hot in the summer, i like to have the frozen coffee drinks sometimes.
@valmnz (13329)
• New Zealand
I spent a whole week without a latte while on holiday, then really got stuck in when we came back to civilisation! I can only drink about three lattes a week without becoming hyperactive these days.
i pretty much have one a day, occasionally 2
@Drosophila (16692)
I like caramel macchiatos that starbucks do
i love a caramel macchiato. yum
I cannot do the latte thing, too sweet for me. But my regular coffee, bring it on and don't anyone get in the way of it! I'm very passionate about my coffee. I love your picture, it looks really great.
i don't like my coffee too sweet. i make it with less vanilla syrup than you'd get at a coffee shop
@cintol (8895)
I don't drink coffee or lattes, have never acquired a taste for them I guess. Nice that you have the machine so you can make your own, I hear they are very expensive when you buy them elsewhere.
yes, i was spending MUCH too much before the machine
I am drinking a coffee with cream and a bit of hazelnut flavoring at the moment.
@xFiacre (6143)
@jillybean1222 I find tea to be a great drink for hot weather - not iced, but hit with no milk. Hopevyou start to feel better soon.
@polyxena (2573)
• Sturgis, Michigan
I'm not much of a coffee drinker in general. I don't mind a little bit of a flavored cappuccino or a flavored latte but they have to be flavored really good or I don't like them.
@carebear29 (28941)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I'll take some of that latte lol
@rina110383 (24064)
I like mine black & hot.
Let us know if your latte succeeded in getting you off the coach?
It's nice when you can get that good feeling after having one.
@DWDavis (15928)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I envy you your espresso machine, but I do well with my Keurig. The head cold monster has stuck me, too, and I am hoping for a quick recovery and praying it does not migrate into my chest.
I only have two in the morning.Nothing special.Just plain ole coffee.I am very satisfied with it.
I do hope it is just allergies and not a cold. I do so hate having to deal with a cold. Hope the jolt gets you moving again!
I'm sorry to hear you don't feel well. Personally, I prefer my coffee black, even though we have that machine. Feel better soon!!!!!
I hope it worked.