Case Manager

By Lola
@Lolaze (2801)
St. Louis, Missouri
A case manager is someone who coordinates your care and gets you access to services that you need. For a lot of clients, this means helping them get to their appointments or scheduling appointments for them. With me its a little different. I can schedule my own appointments and I drive so I get to appointments myself as well. This makes my case manager's job easier in some ways. I need more support in other ways – help with some life skills and someone to talk to besides my therapist. We've gone grocery shopping to work on my anxiety about that and it went really well. We also meet up just to talk, which helps me a lot. Thursday we are meeting at a local restaurant for an hour. Its much needed after how rough my past week has been.
So glad you have someone who can help you through the tough times.
@rusty2rusty (6751)
• Defiance, Ohio
I am glad you got someone to help you. Everyone needs someone like that.
@miniam (9309)
• Bern, Switzerland
Glad to hear your case manager has time for you.Having someone you trust take you to the shops where it can be hectic is really helpful lets hope things get better
I hope mine will drive me to Walmart every month. I hate shopping over here and spending all that money. They have not assigned me a case manager yet.
@LoriAMoore (12573)
I just signed up for a nurse case manager benefit (free to me) through my health insurance. She'll talk to me by phone every couple of weeks to look at the big picture of my health.