Why we go from Remembrance Day to Independence Day here in Israel

For many years I wondered why did we have happiness and fun directly after sadness and loss. I heard responses before but could not remember them so decided to look up why now. Here is what I found out: Yom Ha'atsmaut (Independence Day) is celebrated with the closing of Memorial Day by Israeli families, regardless of religious observance or affiliation. Some say that it is celebrated on the heels of Memorial Day in order to remind us of the price we pay for Independence and to honor those who fought to insure that the land of Israel remain a homeland to any Jew, anywhere in the world. As in many parts of the world, Independence Day is marked with an opening ceremony and this year we celebrate 65 years of independence. On Independence Day itself all of Israel sets out to picnics and barbeques in Israel's many parks and forests. It is truly a day to celebrate the people of Israel and their endurance against all odds.
@softbabe44 (5959)
• Vancouver, Washington
It sounds like a real good way of doing things well thought of.
For a long time it did not make sense to me, but, thinking about it now it certainly does and yes it does sound like a real good wy of doing things.
• Vancouver, Washington
@Hannihar That's positive thinking
@Peggy, That is a good way of putting it. Thanks.
@VivaLaDani13 (16117)
• Perth, Australia
@Hannihar I have wondered this before too. I find it hard to get joyful at those sorts of things. I just wish battles and wars never happened in general. It's just all so sad to me. To fight for freedom and independence.
DANI, you are so right. I read once why and I cannot remember the answer. Do you know the answer why we go from Yom Hazikron to Yom Ha'atzmaut? It has been a long time in hearing from you. How are you? I missed you not being here. I hope things are ok. Didn't you go from Israel to France or was that someone else?
• Perth, Australia
@Hannihar Since I already answered some of the questions in another post I wont make you read it all again here lol But to answer one thing, yes I have been alright thank you. I took some time off because depression can make me really antisocial. It happens a lot. Even with family and best friends I just disappear off the scene for awhile. How have you been though?
@VivaLaDani13 DANI, it has been a while since you have been here. I hope things are better for you now. I am ok. I believe our summer is coming to an end and our winter will be here. In the summer it is easy to know how to dress because the weather is warm, but, now that winter will be upon us I am not sure how to dress for it. We just turned our clocks back one hour here in Israel. I am moving along and trying to figure out my life still here and continuing on my journey.
@sputnik8 (697)
This is good to hear!
Thanks Larry.
@rachael5760 (2530)
• Israel
Hi Hanni, I think that this year we mark in Israel 68 years of independence.
Yep Rachael Israel will be 68 years old. How cool is that?