Is she still in the mania stage in bipolar

@ricki_911 (17145)
Toronto, Ontario
Now I know my friend is bipolar she never admitted it to me but her ex boyfriend told me when they broke up. She hinted a few times on different things and I googled it and all points to bipolar. Now she was on meds up until roughly this time last year. They stopped working so she stopped taking them. In that time frame she dumped her boyfriend of 7 years, started dating a girl (who has something wrong who dreams of killing her, and makes her do drugs), sold everything she owed, and literally wanted that freedom. She does drink a lot of alcohol (and has for many years I assume of this). She always talks herself down, and I am the only one sitting here by herself even though she disappear for months on end. At first I thought wtf did I do, I think half is this girl she's dating and her obsession with her, and the other half the bipolar. I found lately she will be so up and down. One minute all chatty and then drop off the earth. She will be all happy and lifes good, then her life sucks. She literally would go to work, see this girl, and then go home. Nothing more just lock herself up at home. We use to go out all the time, and I do think that is what kept her from going over the edge before. I think she is finally coming down from that, and realizing what she had done. She called me asking what she had done. I thought seriously you broke up with the guy last June, and stopped talking to me in August. She is saving for a car, and will come see me. I thought for months you didn't talk to me.
@xiaolisu (1292)
• Shenyang, China
someone mess up at young time
@ricki_911 (17145)
• Toronto, Ontario
I know her parents are divorced, but don't think anything horrible has happened.
That is pretty much how it is. I have it as well and I am now in stages of staying to myself. I hope she gets on meds soon. I would hate for her to lose everyone and everything.
@ricki_911 (17145)
• Toronto, Ontario
I know she is insecure, and lost almost sort of speaking (not sure if this is the bipolar or not). I think she is afraid of what others think, she gets real anxious sometimes. I thought maybe it was from her moving by herself (she has never lived by herself). I told her this girl she is dating is not helping. I assume she has something like schizo because she dreams of killing her, and more obsessive controlling behaviour. Which isn't helping my friend in anyway. When she lived up here she would cling to me about everything. I am her only friend and she has said this. She use to go out often, and then since dumping her boyfriend she would literally hibernate. Just sit at home watch movies and drink. I told her why not move back up here, I think that is what she needs. She does still go to work, but for example she use to email me all the time which I think helps her talk it over. But then this girlfriend talks her into this stage of not talking to anyone.
@Macarrosel (7639)
Despite what happened to her, she's still lucky to have you as a friend. I hope she is soon to be fine.
@Teep11 (6513)
I hope your friend gets better. She certainly changed. What did her ex do to her. Was she diagnosed by a professional. She's really taking a lot of risks. I gope everything gets better for your friend.
I hope everything works out for her.