Maybe I'll Have Dessert First!

Toronto, Ontario
As you all know this past weekend was Mother's Day and my wonderful kids took me to a restaurant I had always expressed an interest in. It's a little bit of a drive and it's pricey so I was taken aback, when they first said they were going to take me there. But when they explained that it would cost the same as a pedicure or something similar that they would normally give me- I agreed and looked forward to it. Well, it didn't disappoint. The view was wonderful as it was right on Lake Ontario which was sparkling in the sun that day! They always serve a buffet style brunch on Sundays that has become very popular so my son and daughter had to book quite a bit ahead. The first thing that struck me was the dessert table in the middle of the room with a chocolate fountain, and some scrumptious looking treats on it. As the title suggests I felt like having dessert first- but I restrained myself- ha! Everything was so delicious and top notch. They had a gorgeous roast beef and even seafood like mussels, oysters and snow crab legs! We took our time and enjoyed and it was a lovely treat for mother's day. I was surprised to learn that drinks were included in the cost so that made it not as expensive as I thought. You could have a glass of wine or two or whatever beverages you want and didn't have to pay anything more. Great day- great children! And a good experience. Isn't it wonderful when something you always wanted to try turns out well!
@sol_cee (13979)
• Japan
Looking forward to the next Mother's Day celeb?
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes, and I think I want to go back there.I'd like to go maybe a week or two before so it will be a little less busy!
@sol_cee (13979)
• Japan
@MarymargII that'll be a year from now. How about tomorrow?
• Toronto, Ontario
@sol_cee Believe me I would if I could- a little pricey though - maybe I'll use my myLot money----LOL!
Wonderful time for you with your children and I am glad that you enjoyed every minute of it.
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes- it was lovely !
• Toronto, Ontario
I did and loved the location of the restaurant right on the lake- lovely!
Beautiful time with your children. It's a shame that we do not have the habit of the Sunday Brunch buffet, I had some very good in the United States.
• Toronto, Ontario
You do tend to overeat so couldn't go every week- but I had hardly any dinner so it can work! :)
@MGjhaud (20823)
eating sweets first might spoil your appetite. it happens to me sometimes. and all the seafood you mentioned are mouth watering. it's obvious that you had so much fun. youre very lucky to have such thoughtful kids. belated happy Mother's day.
• Toronto, Ontario
I love seafood so this was great!
Glad you had such a wonderful day. I always read the dessert menu first. If it is really tempting I sometimes just have an entree to make sure I have room for dessert afterwards.
• Toronto, Ontario
That's a good idea- this table was overwhelming but I chose wisely--ha!
@MarymargII Good for you. No stodge? :)
• Toronto, Ontario
@JudyEv No - no stodge and I was deeply disappointed---lol!
• Portland, Connecticut
Sounds like a Mother's Day to remember!! I think I might just have had the dessert first just in case I got too full!!
• Toronto, Ontario
EXcellent choice- the pecan pie with a crunchy topping, superb pastry and soft, gorgeous centre was to die for!
Your discussion is making me hungry.
• Toronto, Ontario
me too ---ha!
It is so wonderful indeed to eat out but pay nothing at all . That's the privilege of having children who are now with jobs and returning our goodness as their parents .
• Toronto, Ontario
You are so right there and I thoroughly enjoyed myself!
@AnneEJ (5102)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
How wonderful for your children to do this for you, and I am glad you enjoyed it.
• Toronto, Ontario
It really was fun and a special treat!
@Missmwngi (9689)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Wow a great mothers day and a well spent one
• Toronto, Ontario
It was the best!
@polyxena (2584)
• Sturgis, Michigan
Sounds like fun. The fact that drinks were included make it sound a little more enjoyable, as far as the price goes.
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes it was a little pricey but the food was great and the drinks included- so not so bad!
@DeborahDiane (17111)
• Laguna Woods, California
How wonderful! I am so glad that your family gave your such a nice treat!
• Toronto, Ontario
It really was Deborah- and I enjoyed it thoroughly!
I'm thrilled you had such a perfect Mother's Day. You deserved it, and your kids sound so nice.
I'm so glad that you had a wonderful day -aren't children a blessing, no matter how old they are?