He Worked and I did not hire him!

I was so mad today when I went to the empty rental house. The homeless man that I gave a home last year and then he "it" on me and I evicted him, then he moved in with his cousin down the street, him. He took it upon himself to "just work on my rental!" he nailed a 1 x 4 board where a rotten 1 x 8 goes and I had one in the car. He GOT on the roof and painted the chimneys white! I did not want them freakin white. I Told Tony when I pulled up that I bet he had been on my property and yep about an hour later he shows up and I asked him, he said Yes I did. I told him to stop working on my stuff and walked inside. I am NOT paying him for anything because I did not ask him to do anything. I think he is trying to force me to work him and pay him. Tony told me that he also told him not to be at my rentals unless we were there. I think he was high when he was there. How can I stop this man from working on my houses and I dont want them worked on!?
@yukimori (9040)
You press charges against him for trespassing and whatever else local law enforcement can get to stick against him. The paint thing might be vandalism or something along those lines. The last thing you need is him hurting himself on one of your properties and getting the bright idea to sue you because he was "working" there.
Or stomping the roof and making it leak.
• Eugene, Oregon
Yep, he is trespassing and could be arrested.
I think I will tell him that.
• Eugene, Oregon
@andriaperry Your liability of he gets hurt could be a big problem as someone mentioned.
@Missmwngi (9576)
• Nairobi, Kenya
That can be trespassing
Yes, even if I do know him.
• Midland, Michigan
I've no clue, but you may need to get some type of order from the city where you live. No one should be allowed to do whatever they desire to another person's belongings whether it's their own home, rentals or other type of property. I'd think if he doesn't desist you could have the police talk to him and maybe talk some sense into the guy. It could be considered vandalism I'd think.
I think he wants me to hire him and I am NOT.
• Midland, Michigan
@andriaperry I understood that from what you said, but that isn't the way to try to get hired. There are better ways, like mowing a lawn perhaps, but why wouldn't he just ask if you had work for him instead of doing it in this manner? Maybe he doesn't realize he could be breaking the law.
@yukimori (9040)
@andriaperry It's probably not about getting hired, actually... there's a pretty common scam out there where people will do things "for" you without being asked, and then demand payment for them even though the work wasn't something you wanted done and there was no agreement beforehand.