How many myLot followers can I tag in one post

In my little place - Parys bridge
@Inlemay (17276)
South Africa
Hello there everyone - I am not sure if there is any rule on how many people I can tag in one post, but I would like to know if there is a limit before I do my next post? Any information will be appreciated as I dont want to break the rules!! “It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless information.” ~ Oscar Wilde
@owlwings (37871)
• Cambridge, England
The Community Guidelines say that we should not create: "New discussions directed towards only one or a small group of other members - You should use private messaging to chat back and forth with your myLot friends." The 'Suggest' option was removed from our own discussions some time ago in order to prevent people from spamming their followers with their own discussions. 'Mentioning' people in discussions (by using the '@' symbol before their usernames) will occasionally be allowed in certain specific circumstances but, as a general rule, you should not do it at all, particularly if the discussion is addressed to one or more people only or mainly. If you do so, your discussion is very likely to be removed.
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
thank you - it does not give specifics however it does remind us not to abuse
@ridingbet (34615)
@Inlemay i agree with @owlwings that when we put tags, we are putting specific members to read, comment, and interact in a discussion. the presence of the private message is good because we can share some things to the members.
Here I am running my mouth for no good reason, guess I should have checked the responses first.
I have nothing to add, because @owlwings already replied. Mentioning too many can be considered spamming.
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
it seems I should use my sense of judgement and moderation
@Inlemay I have seen that Janet wrote a series of discussions mentioning myLotters and she tagged 4 users at a time.
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
@LadyDuck yes - and they were all ok - thats what I want to do in one of my posts, its like a story line of some of the people, but I might not tag them, just put their names.
@ridingbet (34615)
i think you cannot tag your followers in a post. i tried this once and what appeared was the ampersand and the username but it was printed as it is and did not change its ink color to blue.
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
thats interesting - so how do we make mention of a fellow writer?
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
@owlwings thank you WISE OWL!!
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
@hereandthere the question is - How many can I tag in one post - I would like to mention 10 followers - can I do that?
@Asylum (46256)
• Manchester, England
This would be a moot point. It is common knowledge that we are not allowed to tag vast numbers to attract responses, but the actual number would be a matter of personal interpretation.
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
Thats how I feel - Love the 'drinking, pink man on the beach' avater
@Asylum (46256)
• Manchester, England
@Inlemay That was me earlier today.
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
@Asylum are you already in Malta? I hope you are going to share some of the views with us - PLEASE!!
@garymarsh6 (12009)
It is a shame as I am sure you are not trying to do this with any misappropriation. similarly with Janet's post That too is not with intention of defrauding but making an excellent post she has shared with the community. IN fact I have found it quite fascinating being able to identify those she has penned about.
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
I love her posts of the Lot of us - when are you leaving?
@garymarsh6 (12009)
@Inlemay Saturday Morning! I have yet to pack!
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
@garymarsh6 where will you be stopping in? Please inbox me your ship and departure dates I want to turn green, greener every day as you meander the Mediterranean
@sugartoes (32287)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I don't think there IS ANY that I know of but don't take my word for it but PLEASE be careful HOW you write it cause it may be taken down
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
I have heeded your warning
I am not sure. Hopefully someone knows the answer.
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
well it seems there is no clear answer but just not to abuse it
@ison_1 (1255)
I have no idea! I broke plenty of rules when I started here...but not that (I don't think!)
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
Oh its all about trial and error but i would hate a post removed because of my ignorance
• Denmark
I think this is a question for admin, not the community. They'll know.
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
I hope they respond
You really shouldn't 'tag' people in posts. You can mention people, but 'tagging' to bring them to your post isn't really proper etiquette. If the people are part of the discussion subject, mentioning them would be okay. At least that is how I have understood it. You should really send a PM to @GoAskAlice to inquire about the official position.
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
thank you - I dont want to tag them to bring them to my post but rather mention them with appreciation - but I suppose if I mention them and they read it, they will know its them . . . well I hope the collective of them?! ha ha
@Hate2Iron (7310)
I honestly didn't know but I do now. Thanks for bringing up the topic!! ;0
@BettyB (4292)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I don't know. I've never really thought about it.