A little perk for the Queen

A happy monarch dressed for Spring
Greece
It made a pleasant change to see a photo of the Queen enjoying herself at the Royal Windsor Horse show. A skilled horsewoman herself the Queen is noted for her love of horses, she was especially delighted as her horse won the first prize and she was presented with a voucher for 50 pounds to spend in Tescos! Dressed casually with a scarf round her head and a huge smile on her face it was obvious that it was not the money that mattered but the fact that her horse had won the prize. I expect the voucher will be passed on to whoever groomed the horse and it seems a pity that she cannot enjoy the simple pleasure of spending the money personally. If she ever was able to go into Tesco’s and spend her little windfall I wonder what she would choose?
• Uzbekistan
That would be a good topic for a discussion: Would you like to be the Queen or be able to shop undisturbed in a supermarket? I'd choose the supermarket.
Can't we have both? Maybe alternate. Be a commoner most of the time, but two or three times a year be the queen for a week or so.
• Greece
I think that her life would be more fulfilling if she could keep her wealth without the handicap of being 'Royal.'
• Greece
I think her life would be better if she could keep her wealth and lose her 'royal' status. She would be free to mix with anyone anywhere then.
She would probably buy dog treats for her Corgi dogs.
• Greece
That's a thought but it was a horse not a dog that deserves the treat.
@41CombedaleRoad Well, all dogs deserve a treat just for being, but the horse definitely needs an apple or two.
@Hate2Iron (8022)
She does look likes she's enjoying herself... she is so pretty with a smile on her face!!
@Jdaw1985 (3990)
• Harrells, North Carolina
I did not hear about this. If it were me and i was not able to spend it my self then i might would have framed it if it was the first time that she got something like that. Then all the rest i would give away so someone that really did something to get it would get the use of it.
It's good that she can go to a show like this and enjoy herself.
• Greece
The press photographers seem to go for her more sober faces, such a pity when the smile is so nice.
@41CombedaleRoad Yes, she often looks a bit grumpy.
Perhaps another lovely hat? Do they sell those there?
• Greece
I doubt if she could even find a scarf in Tescos.
I hear that she dines on a tray in front of the TV so I expect it might be TV dinners lol!!
• Greece
Tea on a tray in a Palace is not an easy thing to imagine..
@renicemae (3558)
The perks of being Royal...... I'm a fan
I read on another post that the Queen had been watching horses go round and round but they didn't say it was the Royal Windsor Horse show. I don't know if she still rides but she did right up until quite recently. Maybe she still is. She is a national treasure i think.
@MsTickle (24993)
I renmember a couple of yeasrs ago the cameras were on her when her horse won. She was so excited - it was a very rare moment.
@scheng1 (24742)
If she goes to Tesco, she will probably buy a sack of potato chips and other junk food to indulge. That will make news, and everyone will look at the Queen fondly
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
I'm pretty sure that protocol would suggest she donate the prize to charity.
Some for the babies I bet. Glad her horse won.
@KristenH (24906)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
What a treat to see the queen in person. Maybe some toys for her great-grandkids, George and Charlotte.