cut it myself

By C
@ShyBear88 (16862)
Yesterday I cut my big boys hair myself. My husband has shown me how to use his razor clips. He normally will cut his own hair so we don't have to pay for him to get his hair done every few months. Since last year I've been cutting my son's hair. The baby is still too young and doesn't have enough hair for me to cut his hair. He doesn't care for the sound of it to much but he does a lot better at home then he does if we take him some where to get it cute. He will have a melt down. So I let him watch some tv, I cut it making sure it wasn't to short because he has light colored hair and with it being summer almost it being a little short will help keep him cool off. This also helps with baths because he hates them as well.
@Jdaw1985 (4011)
• Harrells, North Carolina
You are doing a lot better then me LOL. I help my hubby some times with his hair but that is just to make sure he gets it all. I will not even try to do my childrens. I did one time and i messed it up so bad but i was not using clippers. I will not ever do it again.
@ShyBear88 (16862)
I just do my husbands and my middle son. The baby he is still to young and he doesn't have enough hair to cut yet at all. My girl she hasn't even had a hair cut and she is 5 years old. I get mine done twice a year.
@Jdaw1985 (4011)
• Harrells, North Carolina
@ShyBear88 LOL i only get mine done when my hubby gets mad at me and says that i am going to go get it done LOL i do not like spending the money to get it done but he says that i have to take cae of me as well not just the rest of the family.
@ShyBear88 (16862)
@Jdaw1985 I got and get a $30 hair cut as part of my birthday gift to myself. Then another time as just a gift for myself for no reason. I'll say I need it cut time for a new look and it always looks different each time I get it cut.
@Hate2Iron (7175)
That will save you a ton... the prices of haircuts these days are crazy!!
@ShyBear88 (16862)
Yes, hair cuts are expensive. My daughter hasn't even had one and she is 5. I get my hair cut like twice a year once for the summer and one for the winter and that is it. I spend maybe $60 which is $30 each time I get it done.
That is a real money-saver! My dad used to cut our hair, but do not think he did a good job on my hair or my sisters. Good thing Mom stepped in and had a pro do it when we got a little older.
@ShyBear88 (16862)
I just do the boys hairs at home. Mine and my daughter we got and get it done. But she is 5 and hasn't had a hair cut yet and I get mine don't like twice a year and that is it.
Have you ever tried letting him take a shower. Kay got in the shower as a new born in my arms. She can't resist a shower at all. she is a big girl now.
@ShyBear88 (16862)
He hates water, like he is deathly scared of it. I have a hard time getting him to take a bath with out freaking out. I"m the same way I hate water, hate taking baths and showers I freak out.