IKEA Shopping! Ikea always gives me a headache though! + Little Vent

As much as I enjoy IKEA's inspirational decor items, the store gives me a headache. I guess it's because of the layout and I always feel trapped without an exit with so many people surrounding me. I especially get a headache when I am passing by the lighting section. Boyfriend + I went to IKEA today to run some errands for my sister because we have a larger trunk. What I always do beforehand is print out a 'shopping list' of all the items she needed us to pick up so the aisle/bin number is listed right there for us! We zipped through the store quickly and grabbed the little knick nacks my sister asked us to grab (train set + figurines, watering cans) then on to the heavier stuff, a bookshelf + 8 draw dresser! A little vent: Afterwards we paid then I waited for my boyfriend to back up the car... I was standing by a parking space with my cart &... a freaking man with his U-HAUL pulled up to where I was standing. Out of all the spots you had to pull in where I was at, waiting for my car. There were tons of parking spots he could have went into and no one was even standing there to load. That was quite annoying as it's a 10 minute load and when we finished, he was still parked with no items to load or unload, gosh! Any of you get this kind of vibe when shopping at IKEA or any stores in general? Forever 21 is also another store I cannot physically shop at. I only buy from Forever 21 online because I love their Cami's only $1.80 - perfect for layering! Photos are the bookshelves I compared for my sister and we ended up with the actual Bookshelf + knick nacks I picked up for her.
@zarlamain (24874)
I've been there various times and it's always chaotic there. That is so annoying how he parked right in front of you of all the places. So upsetting.
I know right. Like I'm standing at that parking lot so my bf can get the car, gosh. out of all parking...
@zarlamain (24874)
@infatuatedbby So funny! I can already envision that. I've been through the same thing with my parents' car. We were parking in front of a Wal mart and of all places, a pick up truck parked right next to us. The parking lot was pretty much empty. The driver parked so near our car, the passenger door was hard to open. So annoying.
@zarlamain Ohh thats another story. I hate cars who park all next to your car. And there are OTHER SPOTS available. Like why do you have to park next to mines!
I have never been on Ikea and don't know of a store near here.
Yes, there aren't that many in some areas. There are only two in my area but within 2 hours driving.
@infatuatedbby .....That is commitment to a store to drive that far.
@celticeagle The one I went to is only 15 minutes drive. The next closest is 2 hours
I think its the way their stores are desinged as I always came outg with a headache too
Yes I think the store is laid out like that so you actually spend more money.
hghh@infatuatedbby that could be too also they need better v entilation I think
@Hatley Yeah I always feel as if I can't breathe in those stores when it is too overwhelming!
• Denver, Colorado
I've never been to IKEA, believe it or not.
Is there one in Colorado?
• Denver, Colorado
@infatuatedbby - They put one in Denver a few years ago. Their sign almost fell onto I-25 during a windstorm a couple months ago. They had to close the highway while a crew secured the sign.
@teamfreak16 whoa that's dangerous luckily it's fixed now!!
I never shopped at IKEA or Forever 21, although we have them here. I hope your boyfriend was able to find you behind that truck! Cute bookcases!
I ended up going with the bottom left bookshelf for my sister. I don't often go to IKEA either, gives me a headache lol. Yes! Boyfriend was able to find me I ended up walking to a different stall so he can find me.
@infatuatedbby I like the one on the left, too. Glad everything worked out.
@DianneN Thank you! I am glad it worked out after all too!
I don't recall ever shopping at Ikea.
Is it popular in Canada. Ikea is popular where I live.
• Walnut Creek, California
I used to like Idea, But actually haven't visited the place in years.
That place always gives me a headache lol!
That would be so annoying. I would be mad too, it's like don't people ever think about someone else.
Yes like really? Out of all the spots you have to be pulling in the one I'm standing infront of waiting for a car
@teenspirit (1611)
• Israel
same!!!! big stores it is just a headache for me, but i also not going to give up shopping at Ikea or forever21
I shop at forever 21 online. Ikea I still go but I try to shop online and write down the aisle down so I know where to go.