I drove a kite this morning

@sallypup (26646)
Moses Lake, Washington
Thrilling. Kind of. Maybe. Easier than navigating ice and freezing fog. I love the mileage our little coupe gets. And yet driving my side of the road, the gusts working at blowing my car to the other side and a huge dump truck over there coming fast, yup. A bit much on the thrill and excitement.
I have an Explorer and when the wind blows I have to slow it down when driving. It feels like I am about to tip over!
@sallypup (26646)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@ElusiveButterfly. Even with that big a vehicle you have problems. I drive slower too when it is gusting.
@Rohvannyn (3118)
@sallypup It's because the Explorer is tall, and makes a good sail. That's another reason why the Elantra and I get along so well. She's built low to the ground and holds the road well. These days they're making cars taller to meet all the side impact regulations, but it drives me nuts - the visibility is terrible with those wide side door posts. I rented a Chevy recently. NEVER AGAIN.
@sallypup (26646)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Rohvannyn You in a Chevy? What's the world coming to?
I bet that is kind of a wild ride when the wind blows. In our Chicago suburb, it seems when the strong winds blow, no matter the type of vehicle, the vehicle gets blown off kilter a bit.
@sallypup (26646)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 That wind off the lake must be fierce.
@sallypup My sister works in the city of Chicago and she is a tiny woman. She holds onto lampposts to avoid being blown into the street. Even strangers link arms to help each other from being blown away.
@sallypup (26646)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 Yikes. Gusts blew all night long. This morning its gray out and does not look settled at all.
@Marcyaz (35695)
No thrill and excitement in that when the winds blows like that. I like the mileage of SUV gets also.