My Favorite Creedence Clearwater Revival Songs: #3 "Bad Moon Rising" (1969)

Los Angeles, California
This is another well known CCR classic containing a heavy theme. No, "Bad Moon Rising" is not about some mystical voodoo. John Fogerty being from the San Francisco area was very much a product of the turbulent 60s Vietnam era. "Bad Moon Rising" is his rumination of the coming apocalypse due to society's ills. He is prophesizing "There's a bad moon on the rise." Well John, 45 years later that bad moon has yet to rise at least not for the reasons you thought. "Bad Moon Rising" may be interpreted any way you want and why not just get into that rockin' CCR moody funk. CCR never enjoyed a number one single. This tune from the "Green River" album peaked at number two.
Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival (HQ - 5.1 Studio )
John,this I remember well.Thanks for the info
Now I'll be singing this one until tomorrow ....
@bwjsdems (498)
• New Zealand
This is one of my favorite CCR songs. It always reminds me of "American Werewold in London" as well.
I'm surprised they never had a #1. I always liked how they used this in An American Werewolf in London.
@sgbrown (1643)
I always enjoyed their music and this was one of my favorites. I had no idea that they never had a No.1 hit, that's too bad.
Another one of my favorite song from CCR.
• Preston, England
almost impossible not to think of its great use in An American Werewolf In London