Anxiously awaiting another inspection.

@Rohvannyn (3129)
I live at a big apartment complex in Tucson. The neighborhood isn't the best, but it used to be more peaceful under the old, rather laissez-faire management. Then a bad manager came in, and now another one who is a bit of a tyrant. Things are being cleaned up - but everyone is being watched like a hawk. So here I am, on a Friday, waiting for them to come and inspect. My story begins a couple of weeks ago when they left a paper on my door, on a monday. They said they needed to enter the apartment that wednesday, sometime between 9 and 4, to look for cracks and structural damage. It was a rather threatening notice, including references to city and state statutes about how it was unlawful to block a landlord from entering. Now, I don't want strangers in my home unless I'm there, period. So I went to work, got an emergency self trade where I got wednesday off and worked my saturday instead. My partner and I cleaned like demons, just to make sure everything looked good. I stayed home all day. Around three wednesday, I called the office to see when they were coming out. "Oh, something came up. We'll come out sometime next week." I asked if they could come on a friday, they said "we never do inspections on fridays. But we'll let you know." Next week happened. Nothing. This week, we got another notice - that they'll be in sometime between 9 and 4 on friday. Wait, wasn't that the day they said they'd never come? Luckily, I also made an appointment for today for them to come look at the oven, which has a broken door. But here I am again, cooling my heels, waiting to see when they are actually going to show up. Now the maintenance guy came by to look at the oven, mumbled something about ordering a part, and left without a clear idea of when he'd be back. And I'm still waiting for the inspection to come. This makes me very, very glad we'll be out of here come June. In my written 30 day notice to vacate, I'll be including this as one of my reasons why I want to leave. Hopefully they'll think twice about it when they are missing my $555 a month. The new place is two bedroom instead of one, has a gas range instead of electric, the land lord isn't a pain, it's privately owned instead of by Scotia Group, and there are a whole host of other pluses. It's also $20 a month LESS than where I am now. Also, it'll be nice to to have to live in a second floor apartment. It's nice for calf toning and for the view, but being on the ground is good too.
Hope all goes well with the inspection.
@Rohvannyn (3129)
Thanks - I'm sure it'll be fine, I just want it to be done finally, so I can go on with my day.
So glad you are going to be moving from that place. Sounds like your current landlord has very little respect for his tenants.
@Rohvannyn (3129)
Yeah, this one is a real prize. She threatens court action if I don't let her in, then cancels the inspection again without telling me. I think she's going to do it today as well.
@sallypup (24288)
• Moses Lake, Washington
What a total horror. I'm sorry for your stress. As a side note, there will be a wee bit of green Scotch in your mail box soonish.
@Rohvannyn (3129)
Yay! I'll put it toward moving costs. Double yay!
@sallypup (24288)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Rohvannyn Its the smaller of the two but its worth peeking into the mail box for. I promise.
@Rohvannyn (3129)
@sallypup Cool! Well, the inspection is over, so that's good. I'm getting a new oven and range.
not showing up is rude, they could at least call and notify!
@Rohvannyn (3129)
They fiiiiinally did, but it was at the very tail end of when they said they would.
@Rohvannyn well at least is is done?
@Rohvannyn (3129)
@Jessicalynnt Yes, finally, and now I'm less than three weeks away from being out of here. I had them replace the stove too but soon I'm going to give them a written notice. I found a place that's bigger, better, and cheaper.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Hope things turn out OK.
@Rohvannyn (3129)
They did - finally - at about 3 pm.
@MGjhaud (20799)
ive rented couple of places around the country and normally they include inspection once a month as part of the contract. but they never come, i think it was just there in case something happens. well im glad you're moving out. the waiting part was exhausting. goodluck..