My Tigger Died

@nanette64 (17858)
Fairfield, Texas
I've written about Tigger before; about how he was my first feral cat that took me 1 1/2 years to be able to even touch him and how now, I could hold him in my arms and he would sleep for an hour. When my sister came for my BD she brought her dogs which always terrified Tigger as they would come flying out the front door when I tried to feed him. Before however, after she would leave after her visit, things would be back to normal and Tigger would sleep on the porch, front steps or under the Kansas Pine tree. Well this time was extremely different. Tigger was going off into the east woods and would only come for water and 'maybe' 2 bites of his food and go into the woods again. The last time I saw him was Sunday night at 10 pm. I called and looked for him but to no avail. Tigger has a tumor in his colon and it is extremely important that he get 1 cc of Milk of Magnesia daily in order for his food to be able to pass through his body, so even if he was eating 'something' wild in the woods, that could be a problem. Also, he rarely used his left, back leg to walk, so it's not like he could run from any danger. Every day I would call him and get no response. Last night at 7 pm, he was laying in front of my car. I went to him, picked him up, carried him up to the porch and gave him some food (which I thought he would wolf down). Instead, he 'crawled' to the big crate-carrier that I keep for him on the porch in case of bad weather. It was then that I noticed that his 'right' back foot was broken and he was crying as he tried to get into the carrier. I immediately took him to the guest bedroom; got some water, food, litter box and a couple of blankets to lay on. About every 3 minutes he would cry and try to turn over and would drag himself to another area of the room. I called the vets office; also of course to no avail and the closest vet is an hour away. I stayed with him all night long and he passed away at 8:25 this morning. Apparently he had more damage than just a broken foot. Tigger came to me in 2005 at about a year old and was a faithful cat. I can't imagine the pain he went through trying to get back to me from the woods with all the injuries he must have had. I am so sad; my heart hurts. I will truly miss my Tigger.
@sugartoes (42026)
• Greencastle, Indiana
oh sweetie I'm SO SORRY for your loss I know how hard this can be on someone that cares so much about animals. I wish there was something I could do for you but there's not other than to be here for you to talk to about him if you want.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you very much @sugartoes . It just kills me to lose an animal. I told him how much I loved him all through the night and when he took his last breaths.
@sugartoes (42026)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@nanette64 I'm the same way it really hurts to lose your best friend but hurts worse when they get killed like that I'm here for you K??
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Gina145 (3974)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family. At least you gave him a good life for all those years.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @Gina145 . It is like losing a family member; you cry just as hard. He was such a good, loving kitty; I was happy to be his momma.
@Gina145 (3974)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@nanette64 And he was lucky to have you as his momma.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
That makes 2 this year @JolietJake . One at the end of February and now this one. They were the ones I'd had the longest.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
@JolietJake Oh, I'm so sorry about Louie. It makes it worse when you don't know what's wrong or how you can help them.
• Bucharest, Romania
@JolietJake maybe he had a heart attack
it very tough to lose an animal.It takes out a toll on me
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
I know what you mean @amadeo ; being a critter person, it tears at your heart.
My heart hurts for you and for poor Tigger. I am so glad you were with Tigger when he passed. Tigger is now an angel kitty, but he was an angel on earth too. God bless dear Tigger. He loved you so!
@nanette64 God and I were both crying over this one. Such tears I had when I read about dear Tigger.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
@nanette64 I'm so sorry to hear about Tigger! I know your heart hurts today.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @Berniezeitler . I buried him by the Kansas Pine that he loved so much to lay under. No sooner than I had finished doing that, it rained really hard. Maybe God was crying too.
@Lolaze (3164)
I'm so sorry
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @Lolaze ; he was such a sweet cat. When I'd tell him to give me a kiss, he'd give me a head butt.
My condolences for your loss.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you Sweetheart, it means a lot to me. Have a good day and give your 'kids' a hug for me @rebelann .
I've hugged em for ya @nanette64 we all know how you feel.
Seeing a pet in agony and not being able to do anything all animal lovers go through this. I too have. I know your feelings but you did your best.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
It truly is sad to lose a beloved pet @allknowing . I'm sorry for your losses as well.
It seems rather banal for me to say I'm sorry, but I truly am. I know what your pets mean to you
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
I really appreciate it @jaboUK . Thank you so much.
Very sorry for your loss. It's always so hard.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @Susan2015 . Even though I have other cats that depend on me, there are certain ones that I was closer too and Tigger was one of them.
@Drosophila (16702)
sorry to hear :(
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @Drosophila . Definitely not a good day.
@Daljinder (22072)
Tigger is the one who went missing few weeks back right? I really liked his name. I am sorry for the loss.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yes, that's right @Daljinder . It was a rarity when he left the front yard. Thank you.
@vandana7 (66871)
Sorry sweetie for your loss...hugs.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @vandana7 , it is truly appreciated.
• Dallas, Texas
I am so sad for your loss, I love cats. I am so sorry your kitty had this health problem and broken foot to add to it. I wish you the best. Take care. You will need time to grieve.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @lookatdesktop . This makes the 2nd one in 2 months and both were the ones I'd had the longest. It tears me up.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
@lookatdesktop I guess you could say my support group are the other cats that I have. They seem to know something is wrong and have been consoling me. I know what you mean by seeing the dog house. Last year I lost both my Shepherd and Pit Bull within 1 month of each other and every time I drive up the driveway, I see their dog houses. I'm so sorry about your Pepper.
• Dallas, Texas
@nanette64 thank you. You are so kind. And again, be at peace knowing your cats are in a better place, as I do believe that all pets go to heaven. God loves all living creatures, and that is why I know every living thing of God's making has a soul that lives on forever.
I am so sorry Nanette, this news broke my heart. I remember you wrote about Tigger, it's just like I knew him.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
It was so painful to watch him take his last breathes and not be able to do anything @LadyDuck . I have helped so many animals and to lose one of my own is devastating. Thank you for caring.
@nanette64 I know very well, two days after Christmas a young cat of one of our neighbor has been killed by a car on the road. She was such a sweet kitty, I was devastated.
It is super sad when they get to that point, the crying.... it hurts that you can't fix, and hurts that they are gone. -hugs-
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
I talked to him and told him I loved him while I stroked his body. I just hope he heard me @Jessicalynnt .
@nanette64 he knew. Even if he couldnt actually hear, he knew
my deepest condolences, hon. i wish i lived closer's we could'a put him to sleep 'n him not the need to suffer so long.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @crazyhorseladycx . I wish it would have been quicker too. The closest vet for a Friday night was an hour away and I'd never have made it in time.
I am SO sorry! I understand the loss of an animal friend as I once had a dog that was more than human.
@nanette64 (17858)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @marguicha . I had 2 dogs that passed a month apart last year and now with my 2 oldest cats passing just 2 months apart, I've had all the loss I can stand.
I'm so sorry. My heart is breaking for you.