I don't know if it's good or bad to ask.

I have not had to deal with mice for years. I am going to be seeing a new place in a few days. do you think it's rude to ask if they have a rodent issue? I don't want to move there if they have mice. No matter how much I could save. I read all about the unit and pest control is not included in the lease. I know how to treat them if it's a little issue. But,an infestation would render me homeless or in the mental ward for a long while. I would not be a nice tenant if there was a rodent issue and they left it untreated. I would go way above housing to report to the state. I did it when I had rats and the owner did not even allow cats.
I think that you should inquire, and ask about it based on the fact that pest control isn't included in the lease. That might sound a little better and they may be more honest.
For me that would be great. Thanks.
Yeah you should ask...if you are living in that house then it is your right to ask about this..
Yes that is what I will do for sure. Thanks for the help.
@sharon6345 welcome dear.
@STOUTjodee (3346)
I would ask since you haven't found out anything about it. That way should you have problems, you'll know what they will do about it or NOT do about it.
That is what I will do when I go see it. Thanks.
@noni1959 (2594)
I would ask how pest are controlled since it's not in the lease and if there have been issues with mice, rats, cockroaches and even bed bugs. It's not rude to ask and can save so much trouble.
That is good that I could ask and not be insulting. I thank you for the help.
@cherriefic (4161)
• Baguio, Philippines
You should just ask politely. After all, you will be paying for it anyway.
That is very true.
@akalinus (12424)
Ask a general question about any problems with pests such as insects or rodents since it is not in the lease. Could it be the reason they exclude it from the lease? Can you talk to other tenants and ask if there are any problems in the building?
@ricki_911 (16692)
• Toronto, Ontario
This is in the law that they require to do it at least here. I don't know why or how you guys have such issues with mice. Never ever when I rented even an apartment did a get a mouse. I have only got them here through the stove vent before I covered it.