Never Too Old

@noni1959 (4301)
I like to be a bit on the unique side as an individual. I don't follow fashions and trends but once in awhile get a style idea off Pinterest; however, still make it my own. I got my first tattoo a month before turning 50 and another a few months after. Two years ago, a third. All are on the inside of my arms - the only place not likely to be cut on from skin cancer. They are colorful with meaning. I was asked why now and I said one is never too old for what they want. I have blond hair with highlights and my last visit I asked for a purple streak underneath that just peaks out. My next I will add a turquoise streak to the other side. Someone asked if I'm not too old. I said again, no one is too old for what they want. If you want rainbow hair, tattoos, funky flashy clothes or something odd or unique, go for it. It's your individuality. No one can tell you how to be unless they are willing for you to redo them without fussing. The stuff the hospital put on me is an orange-ish tan like and I mentioned getting some for a "tan" and I can be an oompa loompa with my purple and turquoise hair. It would be fun.
@cherriefic (4813)
That's pretty cool what you did! It's never too late to go for what you want.
@noni1959 (4301)
Thank you. I bought some funky pink tennis shoes with orange on the ends. They are neon and really stand out. I think it's fun.
I think it is great when folks just go and do to their own dear selves that makes them happy. I am retired, but love wearing a small jeweled bracelet on my ankle.
@noni1959 (4301)
I thought about getting me another one and wearing it too. I'm not sure what yet but maybe several to interchange.
@noni1959 I may get a few more for myself too!
• Otis Orchards, Washington
Age shouldn't stop you from doing any of these things. I do not have any tattoos because I have never cared to have tattoos. But if I did decide to get a tattoo the last thing I would worry about is my age.
@noni1959 (4301)
I never wanted one and one day it just changed. I won't get more but not sorry I got these.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@noni1959 You shouldn't be sorry about getting tattoos.
@noni1959 (4301)
@RichardMeister I've had people make comments about how they will look in my older years. I told them, "they will look awesome."
@zarlamain (24866)
You are right. That's an inspiration.You are never too old to do what you want, enjoy, and dream of doing. Good for you!
@noni1959 (4301)
I hear so many saying they are too old for school, hair dos or other things they want to do. I say just go for it.
@zarlamain (24866)
@noni1959 Exactly! Who cares about what others say? Do what you want and have fun! Good for you!
@cpefley (1699)
• Hemet, California
I have rainbow hair, and I'm 37. Some people think I'm too old, I'm sure. I am pregnant with my 6th kid, and my oldest is already an adult. You are right, you're never too old for what you want.
@noni1959 (4301)
Congratulations on the upcoming baby! It's no one's business but yours. Some people are too worried about others than themselves. I love the color in your photo.
I totally agree. We only go through this life once so we have to make the most out of it.