Identity crisis.

@xFiacre (6771)
Ireland
I find identity to be a bit of a problem. Strangers I meet for the first time ask me where I come from and I invariably stumble about looking for the correct answer. Having lived here, there and yonder I really dont feel that I'm from any one place. I feel very much at home in Belfast, Paris, New Delhi and Blantyre - that's a good thing, but it makes strangers wonder why I can't answer such a straightforward question without having to think about it. The answer depends on my mood.
I've always lived in the same spot so that makes my answer very easy. Boring, but easy.
Some people are just nosey and want to know everything.
@xFiacre (6771)
@jstory07 I love winding nosy people up. when they ask me what my job is I usually tell them I'm a male escort.
You could try 'east of here' or somesuch.
@xFiacre (6771)
@judyev How very enigmatic!
Where do you feel most fondly about at the time? I have lived here all of my life so that wouldn't be a problem for me.
@pgntwo (20671)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
I love the Glaswegian response: "What's it to ye, pal?".