Grocery delivery blues

@CRK109 (14286)
When I was putting together my list for my grocery delivery the other day, there was one thing I HAD to have because I only had one left, and with a week to go before I could get to a grocery store, well, it had to be on the list. Of course, as I was making my list, I kept forgetting things and, thankfully, before I was finished, I'd remembered everything I'd really wanted. So, my groceries were delivered and I was so happy! I began unloading the bags and putting everything away. And I noticed that something seemed to be missing. I went through all the empty bags to make sure I hadn't missed something and then I grabbed the list the driver had given to me. And sure enough! The one thing I'd HAD to have had not been in stock. And do you know what it was? Something very simple and very necessary and, you would think, very substitute-able. Coffee filters! I use a small coffee pot. I've had a Keurig in the past and really wasn't impressed with it. So, I found this lovely little coffee maker in Target a few months ago and it's perfect for me. Makes enough coffee for me to have during my day and it brews a little pot of coffee very quickly. But I need those little filters. #2, if you know how the numbers work. And my grocery delivery slip said they were out of them? Not possible! Maybe the one I'd chosen because it was my only choice on their website. But they had to have more in the store. So, I had to pay for a ride today (since I'm now completely out of filters) to go to Walmart for coffee filters. I got a few other things, too, but really, not too much. Oh, I did find a small vacuum on sale. Looks pretty perfect for the apartment since my cat loves coughing up hairballs on the carpet in the bedroom. I can easily pick it up, but I don't want the carpet stained before I'm even all moved in! lol Anyway, there are my "grocery delivery blues". Silly people. Can't substitute coffee filters? How is that even possible?!!! There would have been He&# to pay if I couldn't make coffee! -Claudia- image from pixabay
I work for a grocery store and we have about two or three options for #2 coffee filters. I am not sure why they didnt' call you and let you know, so that you could substitute them. Poor service on their part if you ask me!
@CRK109 (14286)
For the most part, they just don't do substitutions. I guess that would slow them down too much. But for someone like me with no car, no way to just rush to the store (hence, ordering), it's just not fun!
@CRK109 It is sad as they could lose customers that way. I understand the frustration of not having what you need. I don't drive, and don't trust uber / lyft so rely on cabs, and THOSE are expensive.
@ricki_911 (17922)
• Toronto, Ontario
That sounds like a neat service they offer. They don't offer that here but I'd use it.
@CRK109 (14286)
well they charge enough for delivery but it's great in a pinch. I've used it when I was too sick to go out.
@ricki_911 (17922)
• Toronto, Ontario
@CRK109 How much would delivery be?. I can imagine.
I wish that we had grocery delivery here
@CRK109 (14286)
I don't use it too often but it's really great in an emergency situation
We always keep several packages of coffee filters for varying size pots on hand. I do love my Keurigs. We keep one in Florida and a newer model here.
@CRK109 (14286)
I have a huge package of filters now and shouldn't run out for a long, long time! I'm happy to have my coffee today!
How could they possibly be out of filters? I don't believe that one!
@CRK109 (14286)
No they weren't out. They just didn't feel like substituting for me.
No, I agree with you, coffee filters isn't something that we can compromise. I usually get a couple packages of 150 and keep them on hand in the house. That way I don't end up driving all of the way into town to pick some up-I've had to do that with other things. But, in the end, you got your filters and tomorrow should be a good day as a result of you enjoying your morning cup of coffee.
@CRK109 (14286)
No kidding! Never again will I wait until I'm out of filters before buying more! lol
I would hope to find that service when I move. They deliver a few blocks from me but,I don't shop there.
@CRK109 (14286)
The only service we have in our area is Peapod from Stop & Shop. When you shop the peapod website, it's not everything in the real store, and that can be aggravating. And, of course, there are rarely substitutions. It's much better to get to the store. But of course I didn't have the money on my regular grocery shopping day so I had to wait. But delivery can be nice in a pinch!
I always use a paper towel as a substitute coffee filter which seems to work pretty well, but the real thing is so much better! And, you got a hairball picker-upper!
@CRK109 (14286)
Now that you mention paper towels, those are all over at my old house, too! I was trying to come up with some idea for a substitution for the coffee filters and I guess that's why I couldn't figure anything out! Gotta bring those back with me next week! lol
I hate it when I have to make another trip to the store because of one little thing forgotten.
you can always make your own filter if need to.
Isn't this annoying? But you're set now and will be able to get your coffee fix each day.