Are you a lover of things handed down from the people that passed on?

There really is no easy way to ask that question. I was trying for a while to word it in a decent way. The reason I asked was my mom's friend died 4 months ago. Today she along with my sister and other friends went to her house taking clothing and shoes. There is no way i would want anything from anyone like that. My mom has just about something from everyone of her friends that passed on. Not me I don't want anything even a card with your photo on it. when I find my daughter left that stuff here I toss it in the trash. I don't like that kind of stuff in my space. if your gone your gone. I don't need to see anything for a memory. Your in my heart and that is enough.
@MGjhaud (20822)
never happened to me.. if its family, i'll keep it. if not, i wont.
That is good for you.
@Daljinder (19583)
Leaving assets aside, the clothing, shoes, other personal belongings of the one who passed away are all considered inauspicious here. People are wary about it so they don't like to keep them mostly.
I believe in assets for sure.
When my Dad passed I would have liked to have been given some small token of his to hold on to. But that didn't happen. Maybe when my mother goes I can ask for the poem that I wrote and had framed for my Dad's 65th birthday, I'd just like something. I don't care if I get anything else. My brothers wear his shoes and his clothes and drive his truck, but I couldn't do that.
That would be a nice thing to keep from your mom.
@Macarrosel (7650)
It depends. If they handed us jewelry and other valuable items, then surely I kept them. I'm just practical.
That is ok if that is what you like. I would pawn it. lol