Flowers of the Baby Alligator Tree

Purple Alligator Tree Flowers
@Ceerios (4753)
Goodfellow, Texas
And, if you people think that I know what the real name of these flowers might be, you have to be even dumber than I am. (And that is mighty, mighty dumb.) I spotted these guys as they lurked nearby my barbecue smoker. There they were, low to the ground, trying to escape my attention - which attention, by the way, is never very good. "Aha," thought I, " those flowers may be a gift from the gods. No way. No god in its right mind would send flowers to land in the dirt over by my smoker pit." "Probably a passing alligator got tired of carrying the seeds around and dumped them here. That's just like an alligator - messing with me - trashing seeds on me this way." "Well, when you look at the flowers, they look pretty good." "I had best get back to work tending my barbecue stuff. Those flowers will keep." "Best that I watch where I am stepping. Hard to see an alligator in the dim light at sunset time."
@Jdaw1985 (3990)
• Harrells, North Carolina
LOL these are really pretty flowers. You made me laugh that is for sure i was thinking wow where in the world would this name come from until i read your post. I wounder if ithey are a weed i have seen a lot of flowers that are so pretty on the side of the road just for my hubby to tell me that they are a weed LOL.
@Ceerios (4753)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@Jdaw1985 - Ms Jennifer - Happy I am that you liked the flower photo. I will let my bride know about that because she is the one who actually stuck the seeds into the ground. Enjoy your day today. Gus Kilthau
@Jdaw1985 (3990)
• Harrells, North Carolina
@Ceerios LOL well that is good then you know for sure that it is a flower and not a weed LOL.
@Ceerios (4753)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@Jdaw1985 - Ms Jennifer - I would not dare let on to my bride that I thought her plants were weeds, but 'twixt thee and me - oh no - there is no one around here big enough to make me say it... You almost got me that time... Gus Kilthau
I wonder what your mythical alligator tree would look like. The flowers look a bit like petunias, but the foliage doesn't.
@Ceerios (4753)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@jaboUK - Ms Janet - Unfortunately, we look right through mythical alligator trees, those invisible cellophane-foliage plants which are never where you might expect to find them. I don't know what to call those flowers beyond the nonsense with which I have already labeled them, but they look a lot better than does poison ivy. p.s. Ms Patsie told me that she liked "her" 4X-kalli pix. Thought you'd like to know that. Gus Kilthau
@Ceerios I'm glad that Patsie liked the pix you did for her.
@Ceerios (4753)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@jaboUK - Ms Janet - As she would like a leisurely tour of your fine garden, too. Regards, Gus Kilthau
@Freelanzer (9499)
Can't believe you have such pretty flowers growing and you didn't even plant them - they must be a gift from God
@Ceerios (4753)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@Freelanzer - The gift was that of my bride, the one who planted the things. "Twas I who called up the alligator which typically guards my barbecue pit. Give a lot and take a little... Gus Kilthau
Those are nice little flowers growing wild.
@Ceerios (4753)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@JohnRoberts - Brother John - Sure enough. They are plenty wild, but my bride (who actually planted the things) is usually even wilder than her flowers. (You see, John, when I write stuff I ordinarily LIE A LOT...)
@Lolaze (3164)
I never knew there was an alligator tree. Its very pretty.
@Ceerios (4753)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@Lolaze - Ms Lola - Same thing here.
hi well whatev er their botanical name they are tr ly beautiful so will also call them bab alligator tree flowers lol lo
@Ceerios (4753)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@Hatley - Ms Patsie - I dunno the scientific name for these things, but alligators are low to the ground and so are the plants here. Thus, that name sounded to be about right for them. ( fun and games, right?) Have PLENTY of fun today. Here it is fixing to thunder, lightning and pour down with lots of water. Gus Kilthau