the reason i have been on here very little the end of the week. Missed everyone and will be back daily!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I just developed problems with seeing up close and could barely read my computer. I read very few books. Three years ago my mom got sick she could not take me to the eye doctor. I finally told my sister as she is like "mom" since my mom died and she took me and now i have reading glasses that i am currently wearing and a pair of distance glasses. I have been reading so much i forgot to get on the computer since i have been reading a book on my Kindle! I can finally see and missed every my lotter so much that i am going to be back every day starting today. (Sunday) I am going to fit somehow in time for lots of reading and writing! It is so wonderful being able to see because i could no longer see distances with my old prescription. It is like a whole new world and opportunities opened to me! I am back, and i missed each and every of you with your wonderful personalities and kindness. Picture Pixabay
Until we have trouble with our sight we don't realise how awful it can be not to be able to see well.
@Judyev I always knew bad sight, but it was always nearsightedness then suddenly i couldn't up close, and it became worse and worse. My doctor who i think could be my son says i am getting older. Thus i should be expecting that!. He is young but excellent!
@Marty1 It's good you have a good doctor. That is a great blessing.
@Marcyaz (35589)
What a sweet thing to day and we are so glad you are back and able to see again. It is terrible to try to do things when you can't see properly.
@marcyaz Yes i agree before i went to the eye doctor about a week or two before i could not see up close at all without taking off my glasses and squint
@Marcyaz (35589)
@Marty1 That is an awful feeling not being able to see.
I couldn't see to read and write without my glasses, so I know how important they are. I'm glad that your sister got you fixed up.
@JABOUK yes i know how it is without glasses. The only problem is when i want to get up from reading i have to remember to change glasses to the distance ones, or i can't see!
I need my reading glasses now as well. I made the font bigger on the computer though.
@sharon6345 I couldn't get it big enough and have it all on the same page! Though i tried. My doctor actually told men it is because i am getting old I am only going to be 45, not that old! He looks about 21 years old so maybe i was old to him lol!
So glad you have those glasses now. A whole new world is open to you! Hugs to you and Marty from Molly and me!!!
@corbin5 Thanks, There is a whole new world available found the library book i took back because i couldn't see it on the library website on my kindle I am busy reading Grain Brain. Marty, who is getting a treat tonight, and I send our love to you and Molly!
@carebear29 (28941)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Welcome back lol
@VivaLaDani13 (22964)
• Perth, Australia
@Marty1 I am so glad that you can see better now and glad to have you back!
@****dani**** Thank you! IT is so great to see again! Got new library books today!
• Perth, Australia
@Marty1 Awesome! What books did you get?
I'm happy you finally got new glasses and can see better. You have a wonderful sister, too!
@dianneN Thank you! I do have a sister who took over as "mommy" for me! That is what i called my mom, and my sister calls her that to me! It is so great to read again, didn't realize how much i missed it! Now i am looking for websites i can read every day and learn something new!
@Blondie2222 (22886)
Glad to see you back and that you can finally see again to read and write. I get new glasses every 2 years as my prescription sometimes changes also.
@blondie222 My prescription changes also. But i never had up close problems before! Distances get worse every couple of years. I get that from my mom and her brother and sister. We all have bad eyesight.
It's always wonderful to get new glasses or contacts. Everything is just so much clearer.
• Walnut Creek, California
Welcome back. I actually used Dollar Store reading glasses for reading and computer when my real glasses got squished.