Ever find a cockroach swiming around in your coffee filter basket?

Dallas, Texas
I had made coffee a year or more ago but I forgot the roach factor! The coffee maker had been cleaned properly and a new filter placed and fresh water in the machine. I went back to take a look at the progress 10 minutes or more later and when I opened up the slider that holds my filter a huge German Cockroach crawled out as if the heat was too much for him. I was so disgusted that I threw it all out. Except of course, for the coffee machine!
@Lolaze (3164)
my fiance found mouse droppings in the one at work...after drinking the coffee.
• Dallas, Texas
Now that paints a very gross picture in my mind and with that I may have to deprogram.
@Micmac (9246)
Ekk...oh the horror!
• Dallas, Texas
@Micmac True. So very true. Horrific! If only this was just a bad dream sequence.
That would put me off coffee for quite awhile.
• Dallas, Texas
Roaches have been around millions of years, so they say. Who am I to argue with the experts right? But they survived two world wars and the Hiroshima bombing. Yea. I was quite grossed out by the site of that thing and I had to wait a day before having the stomach for making a pot of coffee after that. I am ultra turned off by the cockroach. But don't get me wrong. Our house is like any other. Even million dollar estates have them. They just pretend not to notice.
@Micmac (9246)
@lookatdesktop Maybe time to call the exterminator.
• Dallas, Texas
@Micmac Not. Normal situation with a house. We can't stand the use of harsh chemicals. We use combat, try to keep trash put outside in a containerized lid covered tote and keep the dishes washed so over night they have no water source. Raid in the can is only good on immediate contact. I do better just using basic boric acid.
A saved coffee machine and a saved cockroach, hopefully the cockroach was allowed to go on his merry way, sounds like a win/win!
• Dallas, Texas
Ha Ha. Yea he went running. I never got to catch him and put him outside for the hungry birds. lol
@lookatdesktop A coffee-flavored cockroach perhaps a treat for the birds. A change of pace perhaps.
@Micmac (9246)
Thank goodness no roaches in my home so no worries. Had an ant in my straw while I was drinking a cup of coffee once and I think I swallowed it.
• Dallas, Texas
That is kind of gross.
@Micmac (9246)
@lookatdesktop it was terrible. I felt like puking.
@Ronrybs (7392)
• London, England
I'll stick to tea!
@Marcyaz (35618)
OH yuck I would not be able to drink from that coffee machine again I don't think. I hate those things.