lets go 30 yrs BACK to 1978

@sugartoes (43791)
Greencastle, Indiana
This came out of the blue on me but I think it makes for a great topic how many of you remeber 1978 ? how much do you remeber of it? I have a FEW things I remember of it, like one my 2 son was born. I remember some GREAT songs of the 70's as well we know as the OLDIES now days I remeber how life was with the nation we lived what all do you remember of the 70's please I'd love to hear tell me. I ALSO remember what happen when JONES TOWN died as well yes if you don't remember that then you might be too young to know what happen when ONE guy killed a LOT of people by poison He made himself a leader of a lot of people from dead promise's & they followed him any & everywhere he went like he was GOD they never thought the VERY person they believed in would kill them. This went down in the history books of just how this man took out as many people as he did the way he did & those that got away told the story of just how this man got away with everything he did. If your into documentaries & history you ought to take time to watch this cause this is something that will have you thinking HOW ON EARTH could so many people believe in a person as this guy & follow him.
Most thorough, comprehensive, COMPLETE story of Jonestown i've ever seen. Mostly the years and days leading up to the most famous mass suicide in history. "T...
I remember this well. I was pregnant for my firstborn. Every time the news came on to report on it, my houseguests grew quiet. It was eerie how this one man could control so many and get them to do his bidding.
@sugartoes (43791)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ElusiveButterfly it was something that took a lot of us by surprise I know indeed.
@sugartoes it still leaves me unsettled to this day.
@sugartoes (43791)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ElusiveButterfly yeah I think it does a lot of people that remember it all
I think that I remember decades. I Would have to check online whast happened that year.
@sugartoes (43791)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marguicha oh there was some things that people being born back in them day might not remember
I thought Jonestown happened when I was in grade school. 1978 was an okay year. My youngest was born in April that year. Star Wars was on the big screen and is still going strong after all this time. That's all I really remember about 1978.
@sugartoes (43791)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him well that's a good thing I was just having mt 2nd son & was in between relationships my life was up side down which reminds me have you done anything with the book?
@sugartoes No, I've been very busy with mine the last couple days. And with everything happening around here I wasn't in a book mood otherwise. I'll get back to it, I promise.
@sugartoes (43791)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him yeah I see where you said you were giving up the house & working on moving so you have a LOT going on with your books & writing as well as trying to get ready to move too so don't worry about it I'll just keep adding to it cause when you DO get the time you'll have your hands full it may be next year by the time you get the chance but I'm not worried about it it's not going any where.
@slund2041 (3374)
I was born in 1971, but I grew up hearing about this both my childhood and adult life.
@sugartoes (43791)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@slund2041 it was a pretty messed up ordeal I know that
@slund2041 (3374)
@sugartoes Yes, it was.
@sugartoes (43791)
• Greencastle, Indiana
Saw the aftermath on TV of this awful event as it played out. Horrific. Jim Jones was a monster. I was teaching 4th grade in 1978. Could have been 1st or 5th grade, but not going to try and find which grade it happened to be since I would have to dig into a box to find out.
@sugartoes (43791)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Corbin5 I'm glad that I wasn't one of them back in them days being he was right in the area I was at that would have been a BIG mistake on my part huh?
@sugartoes Huge mistake!
@sugartoes (43791)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Corbin5 you think? cause I wouldn't be here to day to talk about it huh? & to keep rolling out GOOD topics.
@VivaLaDani13 (22936)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes I wasn't even thought of at that time lol I'm a 90s kid!
@sugartoes (43791)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 ha ha ha well I guess you have a little history you can read on about things you didn't know happened back in them days huh?
I remember when that was in the news. Very sad and so hard to believe.
@sugartoes (43791)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@paigea it may be hard to believe but I can tell you it was VERY TRUE it put a LOT of people out of what home or living place we were all in more ways than one.
I remember that time.
@sugartoes (43791)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marlina really? what all do you remeber of this or anything of that year?
At that year, I was a toddler. But I could still remember that I have a hippy long hair that became a trend in 1970s. It was also period of Martial Law in my country during the Marcos Regime.
I was born in February of 1978. So I guess i don't remember anything at all.
@sugartoes (43791)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@toniganzon you were born a few mos BEFORE this happen so this would be something you might want to check out how demented one person could be back in them days
I remember this very well.
@Macarrosel (7536)
In 1978, that's the year when I entered high school and I have so much fun with the new school and new classmates that I had.