If a man can do it, then a woman can, too.

@annierose (17415)
It is believed that men and women are already considered equal in our society. Before, women are just left in the house taking good care of the kids while the men work outside. But it has been changed throughout the time. Women have been given important roles. There are even cases when men are the one who are left in the house and the women serve as the provider in the family. But not everyone can accept the modern norms. Some find it humiliating in the part of the men if it is the women who are working for the family. Have you done something that was only meant for men or for women only before? Were you criticized or admired?
@MGjhaud (20799)
you know what they say, the only time a woman is helpless is when her nailpolish is drying.
@annierose (17415)
Why?
@MGjhaud (20799)
how can i let someone/something ruin it..?
@slayer08 (2369)
I respect gender roles but i dont remember doing something that's solely for men alone anyway, everything these days can be done by both men and women. What I don't appreciate is over the top feministic views.
@annierose (17415)
That is great! I admire women who are very skillful in almost everything be it related with a woman's chore or not.
All careers at one point were men only, so women have come a long way since those days. The only thing women are still fighting for is equal pay. Men still get the higher wage for the same job.
@annierose (17415)
That is interesting! In my job, the salary depends on the lenght of service of the man or the woman. Sometimes when someone gets promoted, then he or she can have a much higher salary than others.
@annierose That's a good thought and for the menial jobs here that's the case too. But when it comes to those jobs that are high tech, the pay scale is way different for men and women.
@annierose (17415)
@just4him I see. Thanks for the information. I wonder why those kinds of job gives more favor to men than women.
I think today the concept has not changed so much yet. Namely it is fine for man and woman go to work. It is also OK that a man go to work and the woman is a housewife. However, people will look down upon the man if he is a stay home man. They feel sorry for the wife since she has to go out to work and support the family.
@annierose (17415)
I agree with you. Some still minds it but for those who have open mind it is something acceptable already. In here, we use the term "houseband" to refer to those men who are left at home doing household chores and taking care of the kids. It is not an easy task to be left at home and do everything for the family. I salute those men who can do it for their family.
@annierose I agree with you. Taking care of kids and housework is the difficult task. It is even tiring and frustrating than working.
@sugartoes (36592)
• Greencastle, Indiana
when I got married & husband was a truck driver I did it ALL so I never considered doing just the woman thing I mowed did yard work raised rabbits built rabbit & dog pens dig drenches for water lines you name it I did it
@annierose (17415)
Your husband is very lucky to have a flexible wife like you.