New Hairdo

As a mom on a tight budget, having my hair fixed on a regular basis just doesn't happen. I usually get highlights or a color about once every 9 months or so. That process always includes a cut. So most likely, that will be IT for the time being... Occasionally, I may squeeze in one additional haircut in a 12 month period, but no, usually not. Today was the day for a new "do." Not only was it time for the summer highlights, but I also did something I haven't done in about 20 years. I had bangs cut into my hair! Due to a very prominent cowlick, your traditional straight across the forehead bangs have never quite worked for me. However, as with most girls of the 80's, I did have a serious stage of BIG bangs for a time. As the time of the big bangs and daily use of AquaNet faded, I decided to grow out my bangs. So now, as I near the big 50 (near, not quite there yet), I hear tales of how bangs help hid those pesky wrinkles. Thus the reason for my decision. I'm happy with the results. Though I'm thinking if I keep bangs, I will probably have to have a more regular haircut to maintain them. Are you a high maintenance hairdo sort of person? I'm attaching a photo from the day.
Cute new hair do
thank you!
That hair style looks lovely, it suits you. i have my hair cut every 2 or 3 months and that's it. I do have a fringe (bangs) and i trim it myself if it starts getting in my eyes.
one reason i keep longer hair is that i can't keep up with the frequent haircuts. thank you!
@CRK109 (14453)
As another person with a bad cowlick, I LOVE your bangs! I'm very low maintenance these days. I color my own hair at home. Since my hair is very long, I trim it myself about every 5-6 months. I pretty much wash and go. When I wash my hair, it curls up nicely. After a few days it straightens out and then it gets washed again. Too much washing and it frizzes up on me. So it's very easy to care for. But I LOVE your hairdo! Congratulations!
Thank you! and yes, i find with longer hair, i can trim myself sometimes. probably 6 months ago, i had scheduled an appointment for a haircut when my silly husband got a wonderful speeding ticket (sarcasm dripping)... so i had to cancel the haircut... i proceeded to cut it myself...
@CRK109 (14453)
@jillybean1222 Bad husband! He can't do that when you need an appointment for your hair! Doesn't he know that? lol
@CRK109 yeah, he has a bit of a lead foot... which we can't afford! it's crazy!
@polyxena (2597)
• Sturgis, Michigan
I like your new hair cut. I haven't cut mine for like 2 or 3 years. I'm not sure I'm ready to cut it, I want to but when I look at hair cuts I want to do something dramatic and I'm not sure if I'm ready for it.
your hair looks pretty in the profile pic! i always feel like dramatic is fun. you can go dramatic and remember, the hair will grow back. :-) i've cut my hair off many times...
@polyxena (2597)
• Sturgis, Michigan
@MGjhaud (20836)
i dye my hair and thats it for me. i love your curls.
thank you! do you dye your own hair?
@MGjhaud (20836)
most of the time, yes.
You look lovely I love the bangs and curls! You do not look anywhere near 50 I don't do anything fancy with my hair just cut it every few months or so. My hair is very fragile, thin, straight! Can't do much with my hair it's boring.
thank you! i'm not SUPER close to 50... but i'm close to 50 than 40... 46.5 But that 5-0 is staring at me and the wrinkles on my face :-)
@jillybean1222 46.5 is the new 40!
It looks great! I have short hair and get it cut every month. My mom used to get her hair done weekly
thank you! yes, that's one reason why i've never kept short hair. i will cut if off occasionally, but i pretty much always let it start growing back.... no monthly haircut for me :-)
@jillybean1222 Well, I sometimes forget to go if it grows out nicely and it stretches into 6 weeks or so. But I know what you mean. When I had kids at home, I wore my hair long too and enjoyed not having to keep it shaped up.
@lilnana1111 (2464)
The new do looks good!
thank you!
• Eugene, Oregon
Looks great! I wish I had some hair to write about! Anne trims mine every week or so.
that made me smile. , well you could write about the lack of hair :-)
I love it, but you do NOT look 46.
thank you! that's always nice to hear!
@IvySaysHi (3971)
only when I dye my hair. Otherwise i do whatevr I feel like doing to my hair. Your hair looks great
thank you. the way my friend (and stylist) does highlights these days, they grow in so much better that it's not obvious roots... which is nice since i can't keep up with it!
Your new hairdo looks lovely Jill.
thank you @Tampa_girl7
I'm a very low maintenance hair person although I do have a trim every six weeks. My hairdresser works on her own and is very reasonable with her charges.
@mom210 (5818)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I like it! I am the same way, I get hair cuts about once a year, trims come form hubby.