Promoting Paperback

@nomus24g (25115)
Hey myLot folks...can you suggest me ways & means, how to promote a newly published fiction paperback. Though the publishers have their own distribution & will make it available across stores & amazon...apart from this traditional channel, what could be other innovative digital ways to promote a Book.
@Jdaw1985 (3990)
• Harrells, North Carolina
The only other place i would tell you to try is on facebook. You could also go to the nearest store when they get your books in and have a like a signing off pictures. I say pictures so you are not just giving your book away. But if they buy the book then you can sign the book as well. But that would give you a chance to talk about the book to get it out there.
@nomus24g (25115)
yaa...those are planned, a dedicated FB page,a Twitter handle...signed copy to 1st 20 buyers, selfie with 1st 10 buyers etc etc....apart from this, what could be other means. see, these excitement will die down after a week of book launch...I want to keep the tempo on for a month or so atleast...
@Jdaw1985 (3990)
• Harrells, North Carolina
@nomus24g The only other thing that i would suggest might be a contest of some kind. I know you said the first people. But do something that will end in the middle of the month and at the end of the month. And let them choose the winnings. They can get a signed book or a gift card for a book store. Or what ever your choice would be.
@nomus24g (25115)
@Jdaw1985 yaa...good idea
Not sure if this is helpful, but you could try becoming a member of Goodreads or also having your friends and family members review it positively on places like Amazon. Best of luck to you and conratulations on publishing a book, that is a huge accomplishment!
@nomus24g (25115)
ya..Goodreads can be a god avenue.. Thanks for the wishes :)
@sol_cee (18077)
• Bermuda
Billboards?
@nomus24g (25115)
that was a crazy idea...billboards for a book launch, I'll be a pauper to buy those billboard spaces