California Ends Its Water Conservation

Redlands, California
The right likes to say let the states decide. Well, the California Government, just said let the local municipals decide how to regulate their water conservation efforts. Speaking from a person who lives in a city that was one of only three to get fined for not cutting back on their water usage think this sets a bad example. Lets just put it this way. Beverly Hills was one of the other cities to get fined also and we know they do not care because they have all the money. Which is all this is really about if you ask me. We had a fairly wet year thanks to El Nino, but was really only average from a historic standpoint. Did not really do anything to cut into the drought. Yet, because a couple of places up North reservoirs over filled, some congress people thought this was a necessary action because the cut backs were hurting businesses. Looks like money wins again and think Mother Nature needs to try harder to get these thick headed people to understand what they are doing to their surroundings. Wait till summer is over after all the forest fires, (what is left of them) and then we will be right back to singing the same tune.
You know, I was thinking the other day that part of the problem is too many people there. Even rationing water usage somewhat, there are way too many people for the water that is actually available there, which is why so many places have to pipe it in from somewhere else. I say kick all the Republicans out to start with, and we'll see where it goes from there
• Redlands, California
I agree, was hoping this drought would make 28 million of them leave. lol What were they thinking letting 38 million people move to a desert? Then not only that spoil them with these man made oasis's. Everyone needs swimming pools and nice green lawns Of course, I can't talk to much smack because I live here. I do like the Republican idea as those were the ones that wanted to end the conservation. Of course, the Democrats just pretend for the most part. If I had my way I would get back to building back the forests, as that is really the only way you are going to stop these long term droughts because like you said conservation does not really do much. Plus make every house and business have a rain collector LIKE Australia does.
@crossbones27 That's another stupid thing America does, many places it is illegal to divert rainwater into any kind of holding facility or irrigation system.
• Redlands, California
@JolietJake Ya because it messes with the wildlife and now they give a crap.lol Also something to do with all the trash we make. We have so many people that rain water run offs bring in the toxins and can contaminate our water supply. We had that problem in our city 10 years ago. I am sure they could come up with a system though.
@vandana7 (62543)
It takes mother nature ages to carve out a path for rivers from mountains. In comparison cutting through thick headed folks is tougher...give mother nature some time will ya..
• Redlands, California
True, she could just zap them all with some lighting.
@vandana7 (62543)
@crossbones27 ... Well probably she is having pity on their mothers.
Here, they ended watering restrictions just a few years back m.
• Redlands, California
It is kind of crazy how many places are in some kind of drought or were. Pretty much every state after Kansas.
we are starting to have some problems here.
• Redlands, California
Wow, to many people or just not getting enough rain?
Surprising. We didn't have quite the wet winter as predicted though they did better than usual up north but nowhere near ending the drought. I don't see how cutting back on water usage hurts businesses since all you have to do is eliminate silly waste usage.
• Redlands, California
I am not sure also, maybe they were just trying to get rid of the fines or something. I was reading about the two cities up north that could not contain any more water. They were using them as the example of how we could go back to normal now.
Yeah, it's probably best to still conserve.
• Redlands, California
I am going to take your advice.