The Other Vincent

@Raelove (14033)
Saco, Maine
I've long been a fan of Vincent Price, who has starred over the years in countless horror films such as "The Raven," and "The Pit and the Pendulum," to name but a few. Last night, however, I saw him in a different role in the movie "His Kind of Woman," which also starred Robert Mitchum and Jane Russell. It's a serio-comedy in which Price plays, not an eery spooky character but a washed-up movie star who decides to prove that his bravado extends beyond that of his onscreen roles. I was surprised to see the great range that Price is capable of, which includes comedy. Some of his lines in this movie are priceless, as are his portrayal of an actor who doesn't let his fear get in the way of his saving the day. One scene that is particularly hilarious is when Price fills a rescue boat with policemen, stands at the helm, and looks completely calm as it sinks. Seeing this different side of Vincent Price's talent was a lot of fun, and I found myself laughing out loud a few times. I caught only the last part of this movie, but it's a good pick for anyone who likes his work. (Public Domain Image)
@Inlemay (17162)
• South Africa
wasn't he Dracula in the movies as well??
@Raelove (14033)
• Saco, Maine
I don't think he ever did Dracula. That was Bela Lugosi or Christopher Lee. Price did a lot of Poe's stories.
@Inlemay (17162)
• South Africa
@Raelove that was probably Christopher Lee - thanks
@Raelove (14033)
• Saco, Maine
@Inlemay You're welcome.
@CRK109 (14409)
I've always loved him, too, and I've seen him in so many movies over the years. I love old movies, so sometimes I notice him playing smaller roles. I know his voice immediately. This movie doesn't sound familiar so I'll have to watch for it.
@Raelove (14033)
• Saco, Maine
It's a serious theme, but Price brings a lot of humor to it. I think you'd like it.
@CRK109 (14409)
@Raelove I'm sure I would! I love all those old movies. I love how they were made and I really do enjoy how they all interacted.
@Raelove (14033)
• Saco, Maine
@CRK109 So do I. It's about all I watch now, the old stuff.
Yes, I just remember Price in those horror shows. Would be interesting to see him in a different type of role.
@Raelove (14033)
• Saco, Maine
From the part I saw of this movie, he was really funny in it. I'd watch it again. I love Mitchum, too.
@Raelove Oh yes, Robert Mitchum. The movie he was in with Shelly Winters is one I really enjoyed. A bit creepy but the acting was so good. It was called The Night of the Hunter.
@Raelove (14033)
• Saco, Maine
@Corbin5 Yes, that was great. He's one of my faves.
I liked him a lot.A fine actor that he was.The Raven was my favorite.
@Raelove (14033)
• Saco, Maine
One of mine, too.
Price was a highly trained skilled actor. Other "departure" roles to be seen came in the comedy "Champagne for Caesar" and the clever drama "The Baron of Arizona."
@Raelove (14033)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks. I guess because of his tongue-in-cheek delivery in most of his scary movies, humor did come naturally to him.
He was quite the actor. If you look on you can bring up all the movies he was in. And, his TV stuff he did too. In his private life he had quite a collection of art.