Lazy people take the most time.

@millie02 (6908)
United Kingdom
When I first started work , I was always getting into trouble for rushing things. Often, the tasks that I had rushed, were not done properly and had to be done again. I was given some sound advice by an older member of staff that` lazy people take the most time'. I often think of this lady when I am rushing things now, and I slow myself down and do the job properly taking more time over it.
@Absinto (2394)
• Portugal
I am a person that naturally works fast, but i was taught to work slower to have work throughout the day. I would do it properly but then there would be hours where i had nothing to do at all. Now i write here between tasks to relax and have the work expand for the whole day. The company i work in is small and sometimes there isnt much to do. So i write and work at the same time.
@millie02 (6908)
Do the people you work for mind you writing while at work?
@Absinto (2394)
• Portugal
@millie02 Not really because my work is always done when i write. I dont leave things behind so i an be more relaxed.
@millie02 (6908)
@Absinto You sound very organised.
I have had some very sound advice from older staff once when I worked at the telephone company. I was young and not really taking the job seriously. She taught me a lot about how to be responsible.
@millie02 (6908)
Youngsters can learn a lot from the people they work with.
@millie02 ...And hopefully they have good habits to learn from.
@millie02 (6908)
@celticeagle Some may have bad habits, but they must be avoided.
@hereandthere (29891)
same with house chores. i tend notice and do the 'finishing touches.'
@millie02 (6908)
House chores are so boring I still rush mine now. Then I notice the bits I have missed.
@valmnz (12769)
• New Zealand
Sound advice, who wants to do a job twice because it has been rushed first time around.
@millie02 (6908)
It does make sense to do it right the first time.