Started Practicing Again

Roxas, Philippines
It's been a long time since I last practiced the art. Over the past 15 years, I have less than 48 hours of total practice time. My body seems to have missed it a lot. I have been thinking about doing it, but it something that I can not do alone. I am referring to the Japanese Self-Defense Art of Aikido. Just last week, a Sensei here called me up and found a place for a dojo. It will be shared by other martial arts (e.g. Karate and Arnis) to cover the rental cost for the place. When I went to see the place (which is in front of a body building gym), to my surprise I saw an old friend whom I know practiced Aikido while he was abroad. So I invited him. As if it was predestined that we should met at that place and at that time, he told me that he himself was looking for a dojo. To cut this story short, we started practicing again this week. Of course after the first day of practice, the body pain returned... but I loved it. *grin* Hopefully, this would go on from now on and we could attract more people to practice the art. Happy MyLotting
@wiLLmaH (8167)
• Singapore, Singapore
Good thing you stretched those muscles again. You can teach and earn other too right?
• Roxas, Philippines
Yes, it feels good to get them pumped up again. Again, yes, that's part of our Sensei's plan. We're going to teach others and earn from doing it. :)
@wiLLmaH (8167)
• Singapore, Singapore
@jrlcentral good! That will be an extra income :)
@hereandthere (23075)
aikido reminds me of mang dagul of the pugad baboy comic strip what do tell newbies on their first day?
• Roxas, Philippines
Ha ha ha. I'm sure Pol Medina practices Aikido that he draws the techniques accurately (I have to ask him that someday). Well..the newbies had no other martial arts background, so it's quite easier to introduce the concept of Aikido to them
Any form of exercise takes some getting used to if you haven't done it for a while. I hope you manage to keep it up, and enjoy it.
• Roxas, Philippines
True. Some of my muscles are still sore but once I get over it, I will enjoy doing it more. :D