Humorous question from a Peculiar Child!

@Inlemay (17077)
South Africa
Today our BBC television channel featured the Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth II which was held on the 15th May, 2016. "The British royal family held a gala celebration at the Windsor Castle grounds in honor of Queen Elizabeth's 90th birthday. She turned 90 on April 21. The event featured more than 900 horses and 1,500 performers, and rare archival footage of the monarch's life was also screened. The two-hour-long celebration was broadcast live on U.K. television." We always get everything a week later but we shan't complain as the show was absolutely marvelous. As the festivities came to an end, and the Queen greeted all the celebrities, the Royal Range Rover pulled up next to the Red Carpet and she hopped up into the back seat. My daughter was shocked!! She looked at me at said: "Now that's sad, why doesn't she drive that fabulous car herself ?" to which I answered "I dont think the Queen drives the Armored Royal Vehicle to and from functions!" M* replied with a matter-of-fact attitude: "Well I have seen her drive in her Jaguar so whats the difference" I ended the conversation with this statement: "National Security" Dont you just love the humorous questions the one peculiar child asks? Gotta love her - that is the Queen as well as my M* I am gonna love this years of celebrations and dont me for enjoying it so much. My favourite quote: "I have to be seen to be believed." ~ Queen Elizabeth II
Hi Lany. I have not seen the celebration, of course she does not drive during official ceremonies. Does the bride drives when she goes to the church for the marriage?
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
I am concerned that this daughter of mine might want to drive the bridal vehicle herself one day - such an impatient little miss!
@Inlemay I know that would have not been practical to drive with my long dress and a white cape, but I have seen an Italian actress riding a Harley Davidson as bridal vehicle.
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
@LadyDuck I promise to tell you when I am fortunate to have her wed
I watched that show and enjoyed every minute of it. Your daughter is funny.
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
she is a stage - what am I going to do without my WISE CHIRP every now and then when she leaves one day.?
@Inlemay You'll manage - the bond will still be there no matter how far away she goes. Believe me, I know. Communication is so much easier nowadays too - when my daughter first started travelling we didn't even have mobile phones.
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
@jaboUK I shall take your word for it
@Marcyaz (36191)
She has been your queen for many years and I hope she continues to be for many more. Children are so cute. I didn't get to see the festivities but would have liked to.
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
this child is already 23 years old - but still my baby
@Marcyaz (36191)
@Inlemay lol I have babies older than that. lol
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
@Marcyaz then I am in good company
@garymarsh6 (11783)
The queen loves driving and drives herself from Buckingham Palace to Windsor castle. She likes driving range rovers around her estates and is still an avid horse rider. (Yes at 90 with no riding cap) She is a very accomplished horse woman and used to ride side saddle which is very difficult to master because of balance. If she is on official business she would only ever be Chauffeur driven. Tell M when she gets Married she too can ride in the back of a roller!
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
I shall tell her - and I hope you have one on standby to send down . .
@garymarsh6 (11783)
I hope I can grow into a woman who can rock a hat like her
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
She is a marvel at a HAT isnt she - there was one particular one they viewed that was a light bluish with lace - it was my dream hat for sure
@Inlemay I love many of them, knowing that I would look silly
@ison_1 (1255)
Yep, gotta love M*
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
She has such a wit - and it comes out just right!
I hope that we get a chance to see this.
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
i hope you do too
@valmnz (12531)
• New Zealand
The Queen is old enough to be chauffered anyway. I wonder if she is a back seat driver?
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
I can imagine her to be - she has been driving since the war - she drove medical supplies around in a war vehicle. That is so remarkable
It is amazing that those questions are so wonderful that they stay with us forever!
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
I write them down in a small little folder in my bible - every so often it becomes the topic at a family gathering . . . they cant argue the fact as i have it all noted
I haven't seen "The Queen’s Star-Studded 90th Birthday Celebrations" yet.
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
I would have thought the Canadians would have showed it live - there were the Mounties in the celebrations
@Hate2Iron (7165)
I'm still waiting for my invitation lol. I visited Windsor many years ago and the invitation was never handed to me. ;) I guess I will have to book another visit when she turns 100! Now there would be a story for the family tree!!
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
It might be lost in the post - maybe you will get the 100th year celebration invitation? who knows
@thelme55 (8928)
I have not seen this celebration yet in our TV or maybe, I have just missed it. I love the question of your daughter
@Inlemay (17077)
• South Africa
She is really a quite odd that child
@Fleura (5108)
That seems like a sensible question to me! Glad you enjoyed the show, I haven't seen it, maybe I should see if it's still there to be watched!