Mad Men

@CRK109 (14414)
I was meandering around with my TV remote the other day and I found the TV series, Mad Men. I did know that it received quite a few Emmy's for excellence but I never really realized what the show was about. So, I thought I'd take a peek at a few episodes and see if I'd like it or not. Turns out I do. It takes place in the 1950s, so it all looks like my childhood to me! All the same colors, same furniture and clothes and same morality. Well, everything looks good on the outside. When you look deeper, you see the flaws. Isn't that always the way? I watched a few episodes today and I watched the latest episode of Game of Thrones this evening. Now I'm shutting down to go and read before turning in. I have a busy morning tomorrow so regardless of sleep, I have things to do! I need to get my clothes out and ready so when I wake up I can pretty much run out the door! Hope you've all had a good day/evening and a better tomorrow is on the way! -Claudia-
I haven't seen this show. I've been getting a bit more reading done than normal too.
@CRK109 (14414)
It's one of those shows that's great to watch when you need to watch something. I'm really enjoying it!
@norcal (3214)
• Nevada City, California
I have watched the entire series of Mad Men. It is a high quality show.
@CRK109 (14414)
I agree! I'm so glad I found it!
I thoroughly enjoyed that series. I loved watching the woman wearing the clothes I remember my mother wearing. And the constant smoking. I grew up in a cloud of smoke.
@CRK109 (14414)
sometimes I swear I can smell the smoke coming through the television! Yikes! lol
My husband and I watch Game of Thrones.
@CRK109 (14414)
I'm fascinated at how they've veered Game of Thrones away from the books. But I still love it. I still don't like watching the blood and guts, but the rest of it has really grabbed my attention!
I have never watched the show mad men before.
@CRK109 (14414)
its something to consider if you ever have some time on your hands :)
• Xian, China
So, do you have some favorite TV programs and what they?
@sol_cee (17303)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Same morality. lol
@Lucky15 (33700)
Hven't watched both series. Haven't been into it lately