Only 7 Years To Go

The sun is out and it looks to be a very nice day. I have to work today. Would rather stay home. Yes I’m counting down to retirement. Only 7 more years to go. It would be nice to do what I want to do on my own schedule. But for now, I have to do what I have to do. It’s good most of the time.
I like your last sentence. My work is good most of the time too. Even on the weekends I have to work, I have clients that I enjoy spending time with. However, I do look forward to the day when I have no more weekends to have to devote to work.
Good morning. I used to count down the years until retirement, but working for the company that I currently do, I don't count time down any longer. The time passes quickly enough, have a good day at work today.
@cacay1 (32521)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Juliaacv, That is nice to forget tomorrow.What kind of life one would have after during retirement? Won't it be boring?
@cacay1 There are times when boring sounds much more appealing then rushing and running around.
@Lucky15 (33450)
Agree..for now..we have to do what we ought to do ;)
this will go by fast and I will be gone
I have longer, but I'd be ok with a job with good supportive sups and that I could at least enjoy
I 'retired' at 53 of course I couldn't collect SS then.
We all went through this. It will be wonderful when you get there.
@cacay1 (32521)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
You are still far for your retirement hehe.
@KristenH (22768)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Good positive thinking Susan. I don't blame you.
• Midland, Michigan
I'm assuming in seven years you'll be sixty-two? I thought I would retire when reaching that age, but once I got there I realized the goal was still in the future. I'm hoping to last another six years. That will take me until I'm seventy. If I can make it working both jobs that long, then I plan on having all medical bills paid off, all consumer debt, my home equity and a larger portion of our mortgage than it looks like now. If you're able to retire when you want to that would be great.
@MarshaMusselman Doing my best to save so I can at 62. Of course if there is no Social Security, then I might have to rethink that.
• Midland, Michigan
@Susan2015 I don't think they're expecting it to be gone quite that fast. Course, I've not researched it, so I don't know the expectation for any of it.
I must say that you really will enjoy retirement. It is a hoot. There will still be life problems that come your way, but you will have more time to deal with them.
• Portland, Connecticut
Are you planning to work through 66 or only to 62? I retired at 60 and never looked back!!
Hopefully the seven years will pass quickly.