New Bird Feeder

Defiance, Ohio
My bird feeder started having an issue with the one spring not working right. To where the birds could not get to the bird seed to eat. It took me a week to realize why they weren't eating. It is a temporary fix. Til it breaks. In the mean time I went out and bout a new bird feeder. The birds seem to like this one a lot better. As they are able to get to the seeds easier. I did place this bird feeder on the other end of the clothes line. I hope it deters the squirrels from trying to get in it. I need to put something up for the squirrels. So, they stay out of my bird feeders. As they make a mess and drop seeds all over the ground. I really enjoy watching the birds eat. Hopefully I will be bale to get some good photos this summer. With the different birds eating. Do you feed the birds or like bird watching?
@Inlemay (16729)
• South Africa
we feed our wild birds and I sit most afternoons at 5 in the summer to watch them,. I haven't yet settled into a time for winter, it will have to be 4ish
• Defiance, Ohio
I normally do not feed the birds in the winter. mainly because I can't get to the bird feeders once a bunch of snow hits.
@Marcyaz (35618)
That is some bird feeder you have there. We do feed the birds and have a lot of bird houses around. Yeah those squirrels can make a mess of everything.
• Defiance, Ohio
I am going to get a few more bird houses. My bird church house finally succumbed to the outside elements. Someone broke the one I had out front. I suspect it was one of my teens when they were mad.
• Eugene, Oregon
I do and also work part time at a Wild Birds Unlimited store here in Eugene. Good luck bribing the squirrels; most will eat what you get for them and then go for the bird seed anyway. I have a pole system with a good squirrel baffle that keeps them at bay.
• Defiance, Ohio
I may have to look in to getting one of those to keep the squirrels away.
• Bangalore, India
i love bird watching and do feed them
@Ceerios (4755)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@rusty2rusty - Hi Sandy - No way that the bird feeder in that image is going to slow down any respectable squirrel. I can hear them laughing all the way from here. (Good try, anyway...)
I always have water out for the birds but I have not gotten the feeders put up. I am even trying to think of new styles of feeders to enjoy.