They Never Learn Until It Happened to Them.

Roxas, Philippines
The other day, as I was going our front door, I crashing sound, followed by something metallic dragged on the concrete road and a series of crashes. Standing on the doorway, I saw a man across the street running towards my left. The workers and truck drivers of my brother's sand and gravel business were running outside. I ran too to see what was happening. When I got outside, the man I saw already took a ride on a tricycle (the common means of transportation here). The drivers and workers mentioned that his left arm was clearly broken. What happened was, he was driving his motor bike too fast on a curve. He went off the road and perhaps he tried to avoid the trees, lost control, fell off the bike and the bike continued to roll for about 25 meters--which cause the sounds that I have heard. His younger brother arrived a little while later. He told said that they told his brother not the driver anymore because he was already drunk. It was only around 8 A.M. With all the news of drivers loosing their limbs and lives because of driving when drunk, I wonder why some people never learn until they meet an accident themselves? Some, even when not drunk would ride the motor bike as if they own the streets. What worries me more is, when they get into an accident I hope they don't cause serious injuries to others as well. Actually, these kind of drivers pisses me off.
• Eugene, Oregon
Driving drunk on any vehicle is hazardous to the lives of others.
• Roxas, Philippines
I know. Problem is, it seems a lot of people disregard that fact
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
It's really worth walking instead of riding the bike in some instants like you said in accidents it almost makes someone want to walk.
@succeednow (1636)
I think people like these are irresponsible and need to be educated. Perhaps the authority can come out with a program to address this sort of careless behavior.
@ridingbet (59691)
well, they will not know the bad effect until they them,selves encounter those accidents.
• Roxas, Philippines
They'd be fortunate if they would still be breathing to learn their lesson. Some of them don't.
@Teep11 (7147)
There's been way too many accidents due to speed, carelessness, and drunkenness. The man was blessed that he didn't have other injuries.
• Roxas, Philippines
Well, I hope he finally learned his lesson. At the expense of his left arm. I forgot to mention, another vehicle was almost hit by his rolling bike.
@Marcyaz (35606)
Any drunken driver is a hazard to not only themselves but others on the road. NOw he has to deal with a broken arm.
a lot of these people believe in the notion that ' It wont happen to us ,these things happen to other people ' and then BAM!! not only they are danger to themselves but also to the people on the street
@sugartoes (42769)
• Greencastle, Indiana
some people just don't have the mindset while drinking to THINK about what happens behind the wheel or while driving WHAT CAN or WILL happen to them & when it DOES then it's TOO late to change things.
@josie_ (7881)
So many road accidents could have been prevented if drivers had the presence of mind not to drive when drunk. Unfortunately common sense is lost when intoxication takes over.