Five More Posts and I Will Reach Another Milestone: 700

I have really been enjoying my time on myLot. As a published writer, I love to write short articles for this site and even if I don’t get a lot of response, I am saving all my articles in my documents and hope to make them into a published book for my grandchildren. I think I already have plenty to fill a nice size book. I write about many things, the planets, different countries I have visited and some that I have not visited. I write about endangered species and the environment. I also enjoy writing about Bible subjects and I enjoy a lively discussion on any of these subjects. I like to write poetry and haiku, but not very many people on myLot are interested in that. But, as I said, my efforts are not lost because of that. Everything I write is saved and will add to the variety of subjects in a published book, that I hope to start next week. It has been said that if you write just FIFTEEN minutes a day, you can complete a book in about SIX MONTHS or less. So, I have three books in progress right now and will add this idea next week. I am following several people in different countries and I always make an effort to read what they write and to respond to their comments. The interaction between members is what makes this site work, although I think that some people simply post a lot of things and don’t interact with others. The KEY to success on this site is interaction. What do you think?
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
I will have to agree with you, the more you interact the better. Its not even that hard to interact with other members, I sometimes forget and I end up spending hours on here have some good conversations. I think what you are doing is such a great idea. Collecting all your writing samples for your grandchildren to read someday.
I think that my grandchildren will enjoy reading what I have written, especially what I have written about my life and my travels.
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
@IreneVincent I would think so too, I know I would enjoy that if a loved one gave it to me
@Castlerock34 I hope that I will be able to get it all done soon.
15 minutes a day = a book'n 6 months? that i'd need to see fer myself, lol. yes ma'am, interaction's key, dependin' what one wishes to get outta this 'xperience.
You can write about one, maybe one and a half pages in 15 minutes, if you have a plot in mind. Create your characters and story line as you go. If you write it in Microsoft Word or something similar, you can always make changes as needed. You can add to it or you can change it around as you go. I'm doing it with three different writing projects, so about an hour a day for me, but it's working for me.
@IreneVincent i tend to be a "binge" writer i reckon. i can get "lost" fer hours when i'm'n a roll, lol. dunno if'n i've the discipline to dedicate e'en 15 minutes/day to such. gotta be'n a certain frame'f mind. i'm glad to hear that such's workin' well fer ya. i admire ya folks who can stick with such a plan :)
@crazyhorseladycx Sometimes I get on a roll and write for two or three hours, but I do try to write something every day, even if I go back and change it later.
Certainly interaction is the key here. It is a great idea to write 15 minutes a day. I think I've left it too late to write a book but that's okay. I might put together my short stories and bits and pieces one day.
It's never too late. Look how long it took me to finish my novel. But, it's done and I have the finished books in my possession. Even if no one else ever purchases any of the books, I got it published, so I'm happy about that.
I think it is an amazing idea to put all of your discussions into books for your grandchildren. I would have never thought to do anything like that!
The few dollars I earn here is nice but I'm thinking of the real value of what I am writing each day, things that my grandchildren will enjoy reading some day, I hope.
Even if I would write 15 minutes a day, every day of the year, there would not be a book at the end.
How do you know? Just start writing about something. Maybe your childhood dreams, or the place where you live and how that would fit into a plot for a book. Canada is full of history and stories about interesting places and people. Research the area where you live and add to that a childhood dream that was never fulfilled and BINGO, you have something that other people will read.