Heavy showers!

Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
Even though, the rainy season started early this month, it did not started to rain heavily, not until yesterday. It seemed as if big loads of water were being poured from huge water cascades. I had never seen such rainy day, in years her, in my region. The pouring rain lasted from over 40 minutes and flooded the street where I live, fortunately, there is a good sewage system and the water got drained immediately. It´s expected that the heavy showers continue today, as the sunny day will be evaporating the humidity, which will form new huge clouds in the sky. How are you today? How is the weather in your region?
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
We just got dumped on by a bunch of rain here to, thankfully because the grass is so dry it needed it. It has been very warm here for the past week which is awesome :-)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
Yes, the rainy season has started in most regions in this part of the world. It´time to prepare for a few months of heavy showers.
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
@quantum2020 Hopefully it doesnt last too long here, I need to get my summer on by going to the beaches :-)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
@Castlerock34 Which beaches do you have in mind?
@Teep11 (7137)
It appears that storms are making their rounds. We had some rain and thunderstorms yesterday but today should be a clear day. Stay dry and take care.
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
Yes, storms are going to be around some regions for a while. HEre, the real big storms started yesterday.
@nomus24g (24907)
Ohhh...delighted to hear this news from far of Mexico, yes it just started raining here in India too..n I have posted about it just some minutes back
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
THat must be good for most parts of the world. Water is needed for agriculture, which is good.
@flapiz (5720)
Hi mate. I got soaked on my way home today. We have heavy rains as well at the moment. I had my umbrella ready but the wind blows the rain sidewards so I still got soaked. I'm worrying that my shoes will be stinky.
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
The same occurred to me yesterday, as the rain caught me in the middle of the street while returning home. I have an umbrella also, but it does not help a lot ; heavy showers usually come with winds and the water is sprinkled in every direction, so the parts of the feet usually end up wet, and don´t worry about stinky shoes, a dry out and powder for odor will help.
@flapiz (5720)
@quantum2020 I think we need raincoats and shoe pouches. Although we'd look so weird. Hmm I need that powder. Wet shoes can be good environment for fungi growth.
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
@flapiz I´m planning to buy a raincoat today to avoid getting wet and subsequent inconveniences, like colds and the flu. That is another unpleasant thing, developing fungi in the soles of the feet.
It might rain and thunder later on.
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
The same as in my region. We're expecting heavy showers later in the day.
If you read my post.You know what kind of weather we have here.Great.
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
Yes, I read it. You´r still enjoying sunny days.
@rina110383 (24070)
Sleepy but happy. We've been having light rain showers for the past days.
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I imagine that, The philippines is in about the same latitude as my country. The rainy season will be bothering some for some months ahead.
It is the usual weather here-hot and humid. All of this rain everyone keeps talking about needs to come here and stay for a little bit. Lol
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I would also like to go there. A good suntan would make more good than harm my skin.
What are the months of the rainy season in Ciudad de Mexico?
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
The rainy season starts in JUne and extends for seven months, but the real heavy shower season starts in May and goes for about three months.