Is this the tradition?

wedding tradition
Guangzhou, China
From the TV, sometimes I can see that in the foreign wedding ceremony, the bride and bridegroom will throw the wedding cakes to each other. I must say it not only waste the food, but ruin the bride's elegant look. But I wonder perhaps this is the tradition.
bI have never heard of that tradiition here in the USA but here the bride throws her bouquet and the one who\catches it is supposed to get married soon s
I know the tradition about throws the bouquet in the wedding as here the bride will also do it. We learn this tradition from foreign countries.
@hoong143 (1416)
Wow! Good question. I also want to know. For Chinese wedding in Malaysia, yes, we waste a lot of food. And there are a campaign called Clear Plates campaign. It is to encourage us to eat all the food and not to waste it.
Oh, the Chinese wedding in Malaysia seems to be quite different from here We don't have this compaign. We will pack the leftovers to home as it will be waste since we can't finish all the food.
@hoong143 (1416)
@youless It is good to pack the leftovers to home. Malaysian seldom do that.
@hoong143 In fact some Chinese don't want to do that. They tend to order more food but leave a lot. I don't like it since it is a kind of wasting. I often tell my son not to waste the food.
@josie_ (7348)
The tradition is they feed each other a piece of cake. Some might for the fun of it go beyond the accepted norm although I have yet to see an actual cake throwing during a wedding reception.
I can't regard it as a feeding
@josie_ (7348)
@youless _You take a piece of cake then put it inside the mouth of your partner. That's "feeding"
@zarlamain (24525)
No, this is not a tradition. It's not very romantic either.
Of course. Hard to imagine the feeling from the bride since the bridegroom throws the cake into her
@zarlamain (24525)
@youless Exactly. There is nothing romantic about ruining someone's suit or dress. So strange.
I never heard of throwing the wedding cake to each other.
It is common to see it from the America's Funniest Home Videos.
@ilocosboy (34325)
no its not tradition, this is just for fun
I hope the bride will be generous and will not mind this.
@thebestmom (1105)
is this just a tv show or reality? i havent experienced this.. usually its just throwing of flowers :)
I watch it from the America's Funniest Home Videos.