Is Bedi right in saying IPL cricket is no cricket?

In a recent interview Bishen Singh Bedi, one of India's great leg spinners said IPL and T20 cricket is no cricket. He said, the rules are pro-batsman and anti-bowler. Wickets have no help for spinners or pacers. Batsmen play risky shots and get away with them. The best cricket is test cricket. There are no field restrictions. He also said IPL basically reduced the careers of big bowlers and batsmen. He said talent cricketers like Virat Kohli should concentrate on test cricket and not get carried away with IPL. He has given more for RCB than Indian cricket team.
@thesids (22362)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Not a big fan of IPL so I am biased. But yes, from what I have seen, Bedi seems to be quite right - the real test is test cricket for sure. And for the statement about kohli, well, it is not just kohli. Many others too have been more giving in the IPL than in the International matches. I dont want to get into debate as I already mentioned - I am no big fan of IPL. I stopped watching it the day Dravid and Kumble retired. And my response above is just what I felt when I watched India lose the International matches and series.
Thanks the Sids, I also agree with you. What IPL had done is made the mediocres great. To make matters worst the fast bowlers are walloped to different parts of the field. It is a disgrace. When few great batsmen ruled the world cricket it used to be a contest between fast bowlers and batsmen. It happened in test cricket. In the mid- 1980s, Vivian Richards, Sunil Gavaskar, Javed Miandad, Allan Border, Mohinder Amarnath used to be the best batsmen. so when they faced Ian Botham, Sir Richard Hadlee, Imran Khan, Michael Holding, Kapil Dev, there used to be contest. In IPL some Bipul sharma also hits sixes of the bowling of Morne Morkel, the pitches have nothing for the bowlers.
@thesids (22362)
• Bhubaneswar, India
@sathviksouvik Quite true. Also, before the IPL we did have something called "Home Advantage" because of the foreign players having difficulties in understanding Indian Pitches, Indian grounds, and also playing in front of such huge crowds. The IPL has killed all of that. Now the foreign players feel at Home when playing on Indian soil. Sadly, IPL has also cut out on the time for players - some of them did had time to play County Cricket in UK and elsewhere - which gave them some idea about the grounds there, but now, it is money factor that makes them play more in India.
@thesids Thanks The Sids, it does not improve cricket. It is a kind of surface cleverness. On ordinary bowler like Bipul Sharma hits sixes in bogus batting tracks. The standard of cricket has gone down. Talented wristy batsmen like Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Steve Smith, Kane Williamson are looked to be ordinary before some hard hitters like Krunal Pandya. Test match cricket is real cricket.
@RubyHawk (21668)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Wish I could make a sensible answer, I know nothing about cricket.
Thanks Ruby, actually the topic is about 2 versions of cricket, test match cricket and T20 cricket.