He'd be dead by now anyway.

@xFiacre (10361)
Ireland
I got to the bit where Camus dies in my book last night and I found it difficult reading. When the car he was a front seat passenger in crashed he ended up with his head poking out of the rear window and I just don't see how that could happen. His neck was broken and he was dead, and this was when Pompidou should have declared "France est veuve" instead of waiting till de Gaulle died to say it. Still, Camus was a serial adulterer so the term widow could be applied to many women that night. The car driver, Michel Gallimard, died 5 days later from his injuries and was posthumously and successfully prosecuted for bad driving.  He didn't attend the trial. Coincidentally I saw a girl lying on the pavement this morning, a bus parked beside her and an ambulance racing up the road towards her. Maybe she was a writer, maybe not. She probably wasn't headed for Paris on a wet night.
@Inlemay (17323)
• South Africa
Ha ha ha an adulterer dying leaving many widows is a really strange thought
@xFiacre (10361)
@inlemay The French seem to manage quite well at it - Hollande, Mitterrand ....
@Inlemay (17323)
• South Africa
@xFiacre "tis all the lovers" like the French are!